Needle brands

coco44

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi everyone, I collected my prescription today and one of the items were disposable needles for pre-filed nova pen. Since being diagnosed 3 years ago I have always used BD Micro-Fine 4mm needles. The ones I collected today are Owen Mumford Unifine Pentips they look rather flimsy. Anybody used these? any comments, good, bad or indifferent lol, thanks Coco :cat:

Marvin

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Hi everyone, I collected my prescription today and one of the items were disposable needles for pre-filed nova pen. Since being diagnosed 3 years ago I have always used BD Micro-Fine 4mm needles. The ones I collected today are Owen Mumford Unifine Pentips they look rather flimsy. Anybody used these? any comments, good, bad or indifferent lol, thanks Coco :cat:

That's the brand I've always been given (though mine are 6mm), and they work fine on my Byetta pens. One word of warning: In my last box one of the needles was minus its foil seal and I spiked my finger when fumbling in the box without looking!

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
The BD Micro-Fine 4mm needles are the ones I use, never used the ones you mentioned.

coco44

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Marvin thanks for the warning. I thought I would use one at lunchtime and I must admit the foil seal wasn't that well stuck on so I can see how it could peel off quite easily in the box. Injecting seemed okay though.