needles hurt...

Happy hippy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Football
You can get the 4 mm needles off BD Micro fine as I use them for insulin and you don't feel them as you do with the 5 mm ones and I was told they are easier and don't hurt and give you as many hypos as you would get with the others but that is what I am using now

Jordi77. Yes I use the 4mm they are better. Just have to choose the stab area carefully lol Happy hippy x

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. I use the GlucoRX 4mm needles with no problems at all. I was changed to these around 2 years ago from BD Microfine. I use one needle per day and don't find they blunt in any way I notice. We all have different skin types so may be I'm lucky.

Mummy123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Only just seen this thread. I used BD Micro Fine Ultra needles - 4mm and only .23 gauge so pretty painless - and was then changed to the Gluco RX by the practice manager at my surgery for cost reasons. Ouch! Got to the point that I was crying when I injected because of the pain. Luckily I have a really supportive GP who changed me back to my BD ultra needles on the grounds that my comfort is more important than cost. At least now the practice manager writes to me before she changes any meds to cheaper varieties giving me the option of checking with my consultant at the hospital if it is ok to change.
Would recommend the BD Micro-fine Ultra to everyone (if they fit their pens of course!)

Smithsky

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Jamie
I have the BD 4mm microfine and they are usually great but sometimes it does hurt a tad. Avoid injecting straight from the fridge but another tip just to get you used to it - it may seem silly but does work. Just before you inject take a deep breath and inject while you breath out. You are probably tensing every time. Try injecting in your thigh while you are sat down too. Good luck - it does all get easier x

Grumpy ole thing

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
discovering you cant actually turn the stairs round, or move the roof...
Which pentips are you using? GlucoRX seem to be the ones most commonly causing discomfort; personally I found Owen Mumford ones to be unpleasant and BD Microfine to be the nicest to use.
Hi, yes i use the BD microfine, super sharp, and lovely slanted tips ;-)