negative changes in bloods since going on Januvia

mgzteed

Started on Januvia in September as my bloods had stayed around 6.0-6.5 for some time just on Metformin. When diagnosed I was well in the upper 12's.
Test in December showed an increase to upper 7's and yesterdays result showed I'm up to 8.1, which considering the close watch on my diet I find alarming.
Have appointment with Dr tomorrow anything pertinent I should be asking

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Hi mgzteed and welcome to the forum :) Good luck with your appointment. In this forum you will find several threads on Januvia - have a read of them before you go. Here is the link:

viewforum.php?f=26

The forum monitors have also put together a list of suggested questions to ask at an appointment - perhaps this will help you to decide on questions you would like to ask:

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=17091

Come back afterwards and let us know how you got on.

Eiche

Dislikes
Not being able to satisfy my craving for chocolate LOL
I've been taking Januvia for about 2 weeks now, alongside with Gliclazide, Metformin, Ramipril, Levothyroxine and Amitriptyline and I found it to be awesome as it does exactly what my doctor told me it would, lower my high BG. The side effect I have is drowsyness but I fight my way through it by staying busy. Januvia alone should not cause hypos as it does not work when your BG is low, HOWEVER, IF you are on another drug, like Gliclazide, it MAY cause hypos, but I have had no problem with that at all and Januvia gets my thumbs up 100% :)

mgzteed

yes I'm on gliclazide too and it with Metformin had reduced my blood sugars well. Its only since I've added Januvia that my bloods have risen. Initially as my first test covered the Xmas period, we gave it a second chance but I've been a good boy since and they have gone up again.
I wonder what comes next