Neopathy in feet

chewy22

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Hi sorry to pester you all but I am in so much pain with my osteoarthritis in both knees right ankle, also I have degenerative disc disease in my spine I had some injections sone at pain management 3rd march but 3 days later I started getting really bad pain in my hip and thigh I rang pain management but was told I had to wait till they got back to me, but when it got to 3 weeks the pain was so bad I rang my own doctor, he told me he could not do anything or give me anything its up to pain management this went on for weeks ringing pain management, I finally made appointments with my doctor he said it all to do with diabetes my things I have thyroid underactive, lymphondema liver functions keeping eye on kidney disease, gallstones.i was at foot clinic monday and she test my feet and found out I had really bad neopathy in both feet. Just feel why what's the point when my doctor doesn't seem to help with all my pain I feel like screaming crying I haven't not sleep properly for a week

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Neuropathy can drive you up the wall... How's the blood sugars? It's high blood sugars that cause damage to the nerve endings in your feet, so you want your bloods to get back to normal levels, otherwise you're mopping with the faucet still running. Low carbing'll get that sorted, but the neuropathy itself is going to take a while to heal... Nerves take just about forever, so if it takes a while to see improvement, trust the process. Get yourself vitamin B12, that should help with the healing, and CBD oil might ease the pain some as well. (Nothing in there that'll get you high or stoned or whatever). https://josekalsbeek.blogspot.com/2019/11/the-nutritional-thingy.html should help with the blood sugars, if you haven't cut carbs yet.

Good luck eh. It can get better, eventually.
Jo

chewy22

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Thank you
My blood sugars are 6s and 7s but when I get cellulitis it goes up to 10. Thank you foe your reply just I feel I can't talk to friend as they don't understand about diabetes.

BJtheexile

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Chin up, same here, had it about 4 years but was very slow realising it was my D2 affecting it. Started looking into it and it seems it is possible for me at least to reduce effects by lowering my HbA1c level. The issue is losing weight from 23st and controlling sugars.I have always enjoyed life and to hell with it but now paying the price having to use 2 sticks/ pain etc. Just hoping I can reduce everything and succeed in controlling if not ridding of pain in feet and knees. I try look on bright side, I don't live in Ukraine , poor blighters. :)

Reactions: Gillianc23

BJtheexile

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
I am sure I am affected by neuropathy in my feet and ankles, but does anyone know whether it can affect the hands/ knuckles. My right hand especially is really bad at the moment, fingers very stiff and when trying close to fist the knuckles really hurt/ ache. Used to be middle finger most but now finger next to it. Really irritating

Guilty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am sure I am affected by neuropathy in my feet and ankles, but does anyone know whether it can affect the hands/ knuckles. My right hand especially is really bad at the moment, fingers very stiff and when trying close to fist the knuckles really hurt/ ache. Used to be middle finger most but now finger next to it. Really irritating
Could be Arthritis? Diabetics are more likely to develop it.

• Informative
Reactions: Lainie71

BJtheexile

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Could be Arthritis? Diabetics are more likely to develop it.
I have been told it is osteoarthritis in ankles and feet, but cannot relate to it in my hands as well, just fishing for information as they now tell me neuropathy is an issue ? Everyone seems to have a different opinion.

Zilsniggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Neuropathy can affect you anywhere you have nerves, so yes, it can affect hands and fingers. Ask your doctor to prescribe medication specifically for neuropathy pain. Keep sugars in control.

Zilsniggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I have been told it is osteoarthritis in ankles and feet, but cannot relate to it in my hands as well, just fishing for information as they now tell me neuropathy is an issue ? Everyone seems to have a different opinion.
Of course you can get arthritis in hands and fingers as well, look up the Versus Arthritis website, they have lots of info. I’m diabetic T2 and have severe arthritis in feet, knees, hips etc. some medications we are given can exacerbate this. Eg some statins, but that needs to be discussed with your GP. There are blood tests which can be done to see if this is the case. X-rays can usually show osteoarthritis as well, so push for x-rays if you haven’t had them. I suffered a painful hip for weeks, then paid for a private MRI, which showed I’d been walking about with a fracture while being palmed off to Physios and podiatrists, not one of which considered that could be a factor, so much is blamed on just being diabetes and ‘neuropathy’.

• Hug
Reactions: Hopeful34

Zilsniggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you
My blood sugars are 6s and 7s but when I get cellulitis it goes up to 10. Thank you foe your reply just I feel I can't talk to friend as they don't understand about diabetes.
Any infection will raise blood sugars. I have a theory that osteoarthritis does as well, maybe due to cortisol production due to pain pushing sugars up…….and inflammation.