Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @yaserkelany ,

Welcome to the forum.

Do you have access to a blood glucose meter? What are the numbers after 2 hours or more? (Or maybe , even half an hour?)

Reactions: ziggy_w

yaserkelany

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @yaserkelany ,

Welcome to the forum.

Do you have access to a blood glucose meter? What are the numbers after 2 hours or more? (Or maybe , even half an hour?)
Fasting 19.5, 2 hours after dinner 11.5. These readings from yesterday and it is the first time I get these numbers. I checked my levels only because I had some symptoms over the past couple of weeks.

Two months ago my HbA1c was 5.7%

I am not on any medications and I am not officially diagnosed with Diabetes. I didn't see my doctor yet and I will check my HbA1c next week.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Fasting 19.5, 2 hours after dinner 11.5. These readings from yesterday and it is the first time I get these numbers. I checked my levels only because I had some symptoms over the past couple of weeks.

Two months ago my HbA1c was 5.7%

I am not on any medications and I am not officially diagnosed with Diabetes. I didn't see my doctor yet and I will check my HbA1c next week.

Hi,

See your doctor. I couldn't give you any thoughts on this topic until you do?
But I'm type 1 & have more than a rough idea what a product like the one you posted could do to me...

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Personally I wouldn’t eat it - very high in carbs, several forms of sugar and a number of unnatural ingredients that I choose not to eat.

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
16g per bar of carbs.... I wouldn't of even bought it personally, but it is made by Nestle.... a junk food manufacturer.

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You want to check the total carb content, not the "of which sugars" bit, as practically all carbs turn to glucose. Keep that number as low as possible. That does often mean eating foods that are considered "real". You'd be better off having boiled eggs or some cheese around for a quick snack rather than something that comes from a factory. Most foods that roll off the assembly line include cheap fillers and taste enhancers, usually meaning starches and sugar in some form or another. Both of which will do your blood sugars no favours. The few bars that are sweetened with sugar alcohols (polyols) often have gastric side effects, like bloating and diarrhea.