Neurologist report/hba1c result/oral surgery

Birdwoman

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I will and can get over this.

Well done @ally1 This is the spirit!! Bad times cannot go on for ever! It is hard and it does get you down, that's understandable but don't let it beat you, you will soon be in the fighting mode again!!

Big hugs!!

Reactions: ally1

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just wanted to add my hug to the collective forum hug. I’m sorry you are going through this but with your perseverance I’m sure you’ll get to the bottom of this. In the meantime I hope your mouth heals in time for you to enjoy your Christmas dinner xx

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
More hugs from me, Ally. You do not deserve this, but you are a strong and determined lady and will get through it.

xxx

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
Well done @ally1 This is the spirit!! Bad times cannot go on for ever! It is hard and it does get you down, that's understandable but don't let it beat you, you will soon be in the fighting mode again!!

Big hugs!!
Thank you

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
@ally1
Have you had your Vit B12 level checked? Metformin is a known medication to interfere somehow with the absorption of Vit B12, among other drugs. Unfortunately, many HCP know little re Vit B12, it's importance and how common deficiency is so you would need to ask your GP to include it in blood test. Also have folate checked too as it works with B12.

I was B12 deficient, although my GP refused to accept this, so I now self-inject (relatively cheap to buy) and feel so much better.

Check out this link for starters (NHS) but then check out other sites too as there are so many symptoms that can be caused by B12 deficiency as it affects every cell in the body. You don't necessarily have to have all the symptoms. Many of them are also similar to other issues, ie under-active thyroid and others but definitely worth checking out, in my opinion. Also, B12 isn't toxic if you have too much as water-soluble so there's no risk in that respect.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/vitamin-b12-or-folate-deficiency-anaemia/symptoms/
Yes had that recently done and am ok

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
@ally1 - My advice right now would be to just tough it out for a few days, afterr this set back, then you can have a good think about yourr next steps.

Ally, has your thyrroid been checked recently? I appreciate the symptoms for things like hypothyroidism is very long indeed, and thankfully not evereryone gets most or even some of them, but you might be interested to read down the list:

http://www.thyroiduk.org.uk/tuk/about_the_thyroid/hypothyroidism_signs_symptoms.html

You know you can always come here for support - even if we may not be able to help too much on the specifics.
I will look into it

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
Just wanted to add my hug to the collective forum hug. I’m sorry you are going through this but with your perseverance I’m sure you’ll get to the bottom of this. In the meantime I hope your mouth heals in time for you to enjoy your Christmas dinner xx
Thank you