1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Neuropathic Pain

Discussion in 'Benefits' started by Rachaelfox77, Jan 31, 2019.

1. Rachaelfox77

Rachaelfox77 · Newbie

Hi everyone

I have neuropathic pain in my feet which I’ve had for about 4 years and am taking 450mg pregablin a day. As well as the burning pain, I have pain in my heel and also in the ball of my foot particularly in the middle. I was doing kickboxing but after jumping kicks my feet would really hurt as if they couldn’t manage the impact. I tried going to the gym and using non impact stuff and was still in pain. Only walked the dog today and I’ve been in agony. My toes really hurt too. I feel like I can’t do anything anymore

Can anyone relate to this? Just seems a lot of different types of pain to have.

2. Rachox

Rachox Other · Type 2 - well controlled. Moderator.
    Staff Member

Hi Rachael, you have posted your question in the benefits sub forum, would you like to tell me which type of diabetes you have and I can move your post to a more appropriate place, for better visibility?

3. Rachaelfox77

Rachaelfox77 · Newbie

4. Rachaelfox77

Rachaelfox77 · Newbie

5. Jasper27

Jasper27 · Newbie

Ive been type one since 1990..have had same pain you describe in my left foot but was diagnosed with plantar fasciatus..extremely painful nd debilatting..had more pain on opposite side to foot and after much pushing for an answer and a scan and xray was referred to a rheumatologist who diagnosed me with osteo arthritus and fybromyalga all over my body whivh is where the pain now is..fingers thumbs wrists toes ankles hips neck and shoulders btw have had frozen shoulders in both sides and believe all this pain is related to my diabetes tho no one will confirm.. im deptessed and stressed with pain and now see a cb psychologist as well as the pain management clinic . I feel like the tin man and some days can hardly move....nothing they can do apparently..

• Like Like x 1
  6. Rachaelfox77

Rachaelfox77 · Newbie

I’m sorry to hear you are so unwell. They said that it was plantar fasciitis for me too. But this pain in the ball of the foot is a new pain. I’ve just ordered an ice pack to use after training now to see if that helps. So annoying and upsetting to be in constant pain. My head wants to move around and exercise but my body can’t do it.

• Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook