1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Neuropathy already???:( HELP

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by Wayne0000, Nov 6, 2017.

1. Wayne0000

Wayne0000 Type 1 · Newbie

I was diagnosed about 1 year 10 months ago type 1. My control has been poor enough ranging anywhere from hypo to the high teens. I was really embarrassed and in denial about it. I also smoked which I've just given up.

About a week ago I started experiencing warm hands at night and my feet get tired more easily after walking for a few hours. There doesnt seem to be any numbness or tingling.

I have been kind of stressed coming up to this week maybe that's of relevance?

Do I have neuropathy? Very scared that I do but haven't found any evidence online of anyone else getting it this quick after t1d diagnosis

• Hug Hug x 2
  2. woodenone46

woodenone46 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

If you have neuropathy you will know as you will find that a lot of feeling disappears & yes it does come back but not necessarily completely. I had it in my fingers & feet & although I now have the feeling back in my fingers I still suffer with my feet & cannot pass the prick tests carried out By my DN o Podiatrist. They even at times feel cold in summer.
    If you are really concerned make an appointment with your DN & ask her to check your feet with the prick test

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Fruitella

Fruitella Type 2 · Well-Known Member

The warmth in your hands could be seen as a positive effect on circulation after quitting smoking. Probably best to get checked out by your health team.

4. Wayne0000

Wayne0000 Type 1 · Newbie

I only quit smoking because I was scared of the warmth in my hands, they are consistently hot at night,

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook