Neuropathy can it get better

iz1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I have bad neuropathy since 2011. I have side effects of neuropathy also. Will my neuropathy get better if my h1ba gets better and readings under control?

KennyA

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have bad neuropathy since 2011. I have side effects of neuropathy also. Will my neuropathy get better if my h1ba gets better and readings under control?
Hi iz1, and welcome to the forums.

I can't say whether YOUR neuropathy will improve if your blood glucose improves. Howevr, mine did very quickly and the burning pain etc went within weeks as my BG returned to normal levels. I still have a residual tingle in my feet sometimes which may well be permanent damage, but it's not even close to pain. Other people have reported the same or similar.

best of luck.

Reactions: iz1

iz1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Nice to hear that you are better. How long you had neuropathy? Were you using neuropathy pain killers? Such as gabalin or dueloxite?

KennyA

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I think it started around 2014 and lasted until Spring 2020. No painkillers or other medicine - I hadn't been diagnosed at that point.

iz1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I think it started around 2014 and lasted until Spring 2020. No painkillers or other medicine - I hadn't been diagnosed at that point.
I have been using 3 different strong medicines. I tried gabalin and now I’m on pre gabalin which has no difference. I’m on dueloxite and another medicine too to max dosage. If I don’t take them my life is miserable.

NaijaChick

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I had this in my feet and while waiting for my Hba1c to get under control, I would vape hemp CBD (totally legal) and not going to lie, it helped. It took 2 weeks to take effect but after that my Hba1c got better and it disappeared.