1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Neuropathy Garbage - Type 2

Discussion in 'Type 2 Diabetes' started by Caprock94, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Caprock94

Caprock94 · Well-Known Member

What are the main differences in symptoms in small fiber neuropathy vs large fiber? Which has a better chance of healing?

@Stephen Lewis - I hope you are doing better!

Post moved by moderator from another thread to start a new one at OPs request

#1 Caprock94, Sep 24, 2019 at 12:40 AM
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2019
  2. Stephen Lewis

Stephen Lewis Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Thanks for the hope. My bg levels are way down. So much that my now covered Freestyle Libre is below my anticipated range of 5.0 to 8.5 more than 20% of the time and over the range only 2% of this time. This is great, I feel great and I have lost about 35lbs in 12 months. My feet? Not so much. So maybe I also need the answer to your question so I can try for treatment (ha-ha).

3. Goonergal

Goonergal Type 2 · Moderator
    Staff Member

4. Caprock94

Caprock94 · Well-Known Member

Good work on the numbers! What types of problems are you still having with feet?

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook