Neuropathy worsening, anybody know if this helps ?

johnharwood

Been type 1 for 41 years, had several issues related to getting older, and don't I know it !
Good old nerve dysfunction in feet lower legs, and now having extreme difficulties with gripping things if the temperature is cold-ish. Pins & needles sensation is almost constant, and sleep is very badly affected now which makes me more miserable than normal ! There are mountain loads of other issues, but this is the one causing me the latest problems. I have a prescription for Duloxatine 60mg one a day, which has helped in the past, but feel this now has little effect on the overall pain I experience.
I have been shown a site that is promoting a product that a colleague has recommended, the link is below. I don't fancy asking our useless medical teams at the doctors, mainly as I would'nt take my dog to see them for advice, also they seem to have an aversion to non medical formulas.
Please put any thoughts/views or experience forward for this product.
http://www.realhealthproducts.com/N...xDhsI9f_1BjN-g5reKJAko7Pccx3Cfw4hEaAsqx8P8HAQ

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
There are some great videos (documentaries) available on you tube about Vit B12 deficiency.

And there have been a few people who have posted on this forum in the past who have been misdiagnosed with neuropathy, when in fact they had Vit B12 deficiency. Haven't seen them posting recently, so can't tag them for you.

I have no idea whatsoever, whether that product (or any similar supplementation) would help with neuropathy, but I think B12 is a good idea for all of us. Don't think it is possible to over dose on it, but always worth checking these things. There is also a relationship between B12 and folic acid, so worth checking that out too.

Hope that helps.

Reactions: 2 people

johnharwood

Hi, thanks for your reply, I do a fair bit of exercise, perhaps a more concentrated dietry routine may help, but it really annoys me that there is seemingly no help for this condition in real day by day terms.
The exercise thing evolves around using the car less and less, trouble with this is the varicose veins against my shins rubbing makes a new form of pain, and also look like I am drunk when walking, even on flat surfaces ! Life is so much fun !