Neuropathy?!

mary16

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi all

I need an help please. Sorry my English is not perfect hope you understand me.

I work in catering for many hours, standing, running, carrying heavy trays.....
After working I feel pain in legs and harms, formication, they are less sensitive.... in legs it hurts just in particular small areas it's a pain not continuos like pinches.....and they get swollen...

I suffer from diabetes type 1 from 2010 and my blood sugar levels are not good ....quite always....doing this kind of job with a normal sugar level I got hypos really quickly....

I start to get scared of complications but maybe it's just suggestion and fatigue.....can I have your opinion please? Could they be syntomps of neuropathy?

Do you think that get stressed and tired so much sometimes could increase the chance to get complications as neuropathy?

Thanks!

Mary

gall1980

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I was at the hospital for a check up today and had some of the same complaints if your levels are not on track that does cause some of the problems, if you are concerned go talk to your gp as you getting stressed about these issues don't help you either x I hope you feel better soon x

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi @mary16 :)

Neuropathy is usually described as being like a tingling or a stabbing pain. It often starts in toes/feet. Here is some information:

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/diabetes-complications/diabetes-neuropathy.html

I think it would be sensible for you to see your doctor so that you can find out what's causing your leg problems. It could be just due to being on your feet all day, or it could be something not related to diabetes. Only a proper examination will give you the answer.

Have you spoken to your employer about your problems with your blood sugar? If you're in the UK, they need to make reasonable adjustments eg allowing you to treat low sugars, test your blood sugar, etc. If you can get better diabetes control, it might help your symptoms.