Neuropathy

clayton1180

Why oh why is there not enough about on NEUROPATHY.... and how awful this is.... doctors are not very clued up and most of the research or information i have had is from the internet... i am suprised that diabetics are not more aware of the situation they put themselves in if they don not look after themselves... believe me it is a living hell.... so u urge anyone... if you have any ideas or authority to educate people more on this condition...

yours.. a very frustrated type 1 diabetic with autonomic neuropathy who feels very alone !!!!!!!!!:evil:[:(!]

lee

clayton1180

hi,

thankypu... but i think if there were a degree in research in neuropathy i would have a master.. i just wish that more people were aware of it... how do i get more people aware!!!!

lee

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Well,you've got our interest ,Clayton.How about telling us,if you want,what has happened to you?

Knowledge is the key to control

clayton1180

well i was diagnosed with type 1 in 2007.. but i know i had it for at least 4 years before i was diagnosed.. and with3 months in hospital and every test known to man i was also diagnosed with autonomic neuropathy... i have found that the awarness of tgis is very poor.. from doctors to fellow diabetics...i started a blog last year when i got out of hospital and have been trying to raise awareness of neuropathy since
http://diabetes-and-neoropathy.blogspot.com/

i have a some really good responces from readers and as well as being a type of therapy for me i have also tryed to use it as some sort ot refernce or help to others.. i have been trying to get diabetes uk to publish something in the magazine and more on the site., i have emailed other forums and am in contact with 1 other fellow suffer of autonomic neuropathy.. but there must be more out there who feel like me... so if anyone can help me shout louder about this then please mail me [email protected] or on here or on my blog or anything xx
thankyou
lee

lee

Lynda Kay

Hay Lee,

My husband has been a diabetic for 16+ years and has been off and on with being responsible for his health. Long story short, he has realized many of the complications that go along with diabetes, congestive heart failure, renal failure, neuropathy, etc.

Since we have started him on a superfood rich in fucoidan many of his complications have improved. One being, he says the feeling of needles sticking him in his feet is gone. Black spots on his toe nails have deminished and are turning a light brown. His shins are growing hair back. He is starting to be able to wiggle his toes again. :)

Happy Trails,
Proverbs 17:22

toeless2

Im 35 and as ive said before im learning the hard way, I was diagnosed at 18, type 2, and was told often that bad control will result in bad eyes and feet etc, being young and knowing best I ignored the warnings and asumed i'd be 60/70 when I got the complications. I'd now love for young teenager to meet me to prove the warnings arn't just scare stories.

rogervansteeden

how long does neuropathy take to develop, im only asking this as i stopped my medication for 6 months as i thought i could lower my BG with exercise, but after taking advice from this forum i restarted my medication 3 weeks ago.I did have some very high BG readings in that six months and im worried if any damage has already been caused.

Claire

Thank you for bringing this up. You're right, not a lot is said about neuropathy, but it is SCARY. Certainly makes me determined to keep my BS low.

Sorry to hear how much some of you are suffering, and at such a young age, too [:0]. I hope things get better for you. will take a look at the blog.

Claire

clayton1180

hi admin,
Thankyou for reading

i think that the link is ok.. but i think that more visual, or again maybe a my story page on this... i really do not think that the majority of people are aware of the major issue here and how this can be prevented.. like the reply on here from a type 2 diabetic... if people were more aware they would not just stop the meds and think it will all be ok.. as it will not it will affect you in some way in the future.. i dont want to scare people but i do want to educate and inform.. through my blog or whatever channel i can.. i have the software to start a podcast which i am working on at the moment... i apologise for the brummy accent if you do ever listen to it hehe...
i also think it is a way to get people motivated to be checked for diabetes... if was checked out 4/5 years ago then i would not be in this situation now..
take care guys
lee

lee