1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

New blog as I learn to live with T1 diagnosis

Discussion in 'Newly Diagnosed' started by TIGERLILY1991, Aug 10, 2019.

1. Mel dCP

Mel dCP Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Definitely! Keep dextrose tablets EVERYWHERE! They’re not nice enough that you over eat them and end up with a massive post-hypo spike.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. TIGERLILY1991

TIGERLILY1991 Type 1 · Member

I'm a vegetarian so jelly babies are out and I would demolish love hearts so glucose it is ‍♀️ x

3. Mel dCP

Mel dCP Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I’m allergic to gelatin, so JBs are out for me too. If you have a branch of Home Bargains nearby, they do a twin pack of orange dextro tabs (3g carb each and breakable) for a quid.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Marie 2

Marie 2 LADA · Well-Known Member

I’m a vegan, but I live in the US so I’m not sure how accessible they are in the UK, bu I use Wholesome Surf Sweets vegan fruity bears. Wholesome makes several vegan gummy type treats.

But at 2 carbs each it makes it easy to eat 2-4 when needed.

• Like Like x 1
    #24 Marie 2, Aug 12, 2019 at 12:06 PM
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook