New ,but not new to diabetes

traf

My hubby has just been told he has diabetes,readings are 21 to 27 ,put on metformin to start ,then goes to diabetic nurse and goes on from there .

scares te poop out of me as my sis has diabetes and she ended up on that many tablets etc ,she needed a liver transplant ,her diabetes was horrendous to control.

I know it's unlikely to repeat itself ,but I'm still bricking it ,anyone got any wise words to calm me ,please

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Welcome to the forum ,traf. wise words,well you've come to the right place!!Read as much as you can,both of you ,and learn about diabetes and how to take control of it.It is a controllable condition.Have a good read round this forum and you will see a lot about diets etc to help bring down blood sugar levels.Ask us a lot of questions,that's what we are here for.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Look at the "success stories " thread.There you'll se what works for some of us and can try what you think might suit you.

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
hehehe lion,
ta hun that made me chuckle :D

traf

lionrampant said:
You're his wife, you can force him to go for a walk this very instant :wink:. Start as you mean to go on...
Done and had the muppet on the cross trainer too ,hope I don't kill him :D