Type 1.5 New Cannula for Minimed 640g Quickset or Sure-T

Tracyann35

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi having issues with my Mio cannula Medtronics have advised I have a choice of Quickset Cannula or Sure-T can you please advise what your choice would be? Thank you

sleepster

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi @Tracyann35, I've only ever used the Mio, so hopefully someone with some experience of the others can offer some advice. I was just having a look at your 2 options on the Medtronic e-shop, are you aware of this...
"It is recommended to change your MiniMed™ Sure-T™ tubing and needle every 24 to 48 hours"?
I know I would be inclined to go for an option where I can change every 3 days, as that's what I normally do. Obviously if you change more often already or are happy to do so with a new infusion set then that's ok :)

Tracyann35

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi @Tracyann35, I've only ever used the Mio, so hopefully someone with some experience of the others can offer some advice. I was just having a look at your 2 options on the Medtronic e-shop, are you aware of this...
"It is recommended to change your MiniMed Sure-T tubing and needle every 24 to 48 hours"?
I know I would be inclined to go for an option where I can change every 3 days, as that's what I normally do. Obviously if you change more often already or are happy to do so with a new infusion set then that's ok :)

No I’m not really happy with changing that often but as the Mio advance are out of stock I and I’m having issues with Mio I’ve was having blood ketones 1.7 and this ha happening quite a bit on Mio but not advance so now I have been given these other options to try to see if this helps! ‍♀️