New charges for foot care.

signe

I have just returned from having my feet done.To my surprise they charged me £10,i have never had to pay before.Irecieve pension credit and attendance allowance is this right,i have type 2 diabetes hope you can help yours Signe

Synonym

Dislikes
Having no energy as this is so limiting.
Hello signe and welcome. :)

I have not been charged myself or even heard of anyone being charged before. Was your appointment part of your diabetes care package? :?

signe

The Salford health authority is charging all diabetics that are classed as low risk with their feet.Itake 54 units of insulin a day,also Actos 45mg. Signe

Synonym

Dislikes
Having no energy as this is so limiting.
Hello again Signe

You say that you were surprised so that would indicate that you were not pre-warned that there would be a charge, is that right? Did you pay it?

I am surprised that they can charge if it is part of the diabetes care and wonder how they can work out who is at low risk or even what denotes 'low risk' anyway. This does not seem right - but then so many things don't! I would go the CAB and ask them about it, particularly as you have a small income, perhaps there may even be some help that you can apply for. Nowadays if you don't ask you don't even get offered anything and the fact that you don't know what is available means you often don't know to ask either! :roll: