New diagnosis alongside pre existing conditions

Ali58

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I’m struggling to get my head around multiple health issues that came before Type 2, widespread Osteoarthritis, Fibromyalgia and Angina. Struggling to also factor in holding down 3 jobs and work out where and how to do exercise. Does anyone else have multiple issues?

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’m struggling to get my head around multiple health issues that came before Type 2, widespread Osteoarthritis, Fibromyalgia and Angina. Struggling to also factor in holding down 3 jobs and work out where and how to do exercise. Does anyone else have multiple issues?
Diabetes T2 is mainly something you can fix through what you eat. For quite a few people, exercise isn't physically possible, either due disabilities or like you, time constraints on top of that, but they can still get their blood sugars back in range with a few dietary tweaks (as mentioned in the Thingy in another reply elsewhere).

Take heart, all is not lost.
Jo

• Agree
Reactions: Outlier and VashtiB

VashtiB

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello and welcome @Ali58

Quite a few people here suffer from a number of health conditions or living conditions that make exercise difficult. As @JoKalsbeek said the main way to treat type 2 is diet. Exercise can be helpful particular if you want to lose weight but diet is absolutely the most important thing.

It sounds like you have a lot on your plate at the moment. I suggest that you start by getting a meter and just testing your levels. Then, unless you're on medication which lowers your levels I suggest trying to lower your carb intake. If you are on that type of medication I suggest taking some time to know your levels and then if they are too high starting to lower your carb intake.

Again (as so often is the case) I agree with Jo that not all is lost.

Welcome and good luck.

Ali58

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Hello and welcome @Ali58

Quite a few people here suffer from a number of health conditions or living conditions that make exercise difficult. As @JoKalsbeek said the main way to treat type 2 is diet. Exercise can be helpful particular if you want to lose weight but diet is absolutely the most important thing.

It sounds like you have a lot on your plate at the moment. I suggest that you start by getting a meter and just testing your levels. Then, unless you're on medication which lowers your levels I suggest trying to lower your carb intake. If you are on that type of medication I suggest taking some time to know your levels and then if they are too high starting to lower your carb intake.

Again (as so often is the case) I agree with Jo that not all is lost.

Welcome and good luck.

Thank you for taking the time to answer and encourage, I really appreciate it. I start on Metformin today, back on the wagon too with Second Nature eating plan (low carb and low sugar). Trusting that the combination of both will help.