new doc.

squirrel50

Type of diabetes
Type 1
hi all...after alot of hiccups and incompetence ive finally got a new doc and hes brilliant..my fasting bood was good 5.2 and he said he is pleased with my management..hes taken me off glycazide and put me on metaformin for a trial month..took my glucolog and he grinned and said i only need to test if i feel ive fell off the wagon..he typed a letter to the hospital while i was there,,also talked about the things that could happen to me but in a calm way,,hes really nice and after he had done all this he said he was a diabetic and still had days when he had naughty things..i felt much more at ease with him than the other docs so will book if i can with him in future,,well just waiting for the hosp letter now and i can get it over with,,am all packed and ready to go...am finding out lots from this site and also about which foods effect me..i did have a chinese on sat but not a lot and i didnt go too high,,hope you are allwell,,sue

ChocFish

Great news squirrel

It really does help to have a supportive doctor, and 5.2 is excellent, well done there

I hope you stay healthy and fit

All the best

Karen x

tubolard

Dislikes
Fasteddie; Richard K Bernstein; William S. Atkins; Rosemary Bloody Conley;
Well congratulations on all fronts Sue that is really good news and really pleased for you.

Regards, Tubs.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Well done Squirrel,
both in that Fasting and in finding a sympsthetic Doctor.
That and a library with a cafe. your town must be terrific.

BillB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Impolite people, yobbish behaviour, pretentious people.
Well done, Squirrel. Don't worry too much about the Chinese. Take the rice and the noodles in small quantities but try the dishes with shrimp, squid, meat and vegetables. Especially good are bean sprouts. I love Chinese so giving it up completely would be a tragedy for me.

Bubsy Malone

Dislikes
Patronising people, fish and cold callers
Well done you both on the results and what sounds like a fantastic doctor! Keep it up!