1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

New Documentary Coming

Discussion in 'Weight Loss and Dieting' started by Flora123, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Flora123

Flora123 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Not sure if anyone has watched The Truth About series. All very interesting. The RealSkinny on Fat: The Truth about Weight-loss is coming soon. therealskinnyonfat.com
    I think you need to register.

• Informative Informative x 2
  2. DavidGrahamJones

DavidGrahamJones Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Is this one?

I always worry about something that starts with "The truth about . . . . .". I will watch though . . . . . with an open mind, but not so open my brains fall out.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mr_Pot

Mr_Pot Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I thought this was going to be another in the excellent Xand van Tulken series but the American dramatic style puts me off from the start.

4. Indy51

Indy51 Type 2 · Expert

Thanks so much for posting this! Have watched the first 3 interviews with Nina Teicholz, Dr Cate Shanahan (on Ancel Keys, saturated fat and PUFAs), Angela Poff from Dominic D'Agostino's research group on the ketogenic diet and now onto Dr Jennifer Hayes-Grudo from the Women's Health Iniative study. So far, excellent information and looking forward to seeing more :)

5. Indy51

Indy51 Type 2 · Expert

Oh rats! Signed up to watch more than the episode on Youtube, only to find that this appears to be the second re-run and is already up to Episode 6 and each episode only available for 1 day to watch free :(

6. Ponchu

Ponchu · Well-Known Member

I find it mixed at best.

Some solid, some flakey and some awful.

7. Ponchu

Ponchu · Well-Known Member

Montel Williams has been hawking @&$)( for years. He’s a walking infomercial w/o credibility.

What possessed them to use him?

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook