Telekon

Good evening I’m a new member to this forum I’ve been a type 1 diabetic now for 34 years I have also been widowed now for just under 2 years and have recently had emergency surgery on my right foot to remove an infection from my Charcot foot I’m finding life a little tough at the moment and was just wondering if there are any diabetics who live the Portsmouth or surrounding area who I could get to know.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi and welcome @Telekon

Sounds like you have been having a miserable time. So sorry to hear about your wife, and Charcot foot is a horrible thing to have to endure.

I hope you find people to interact with here, whether they are local or not.
But (and this is where I come over all protective and moderator-y ;) ) please be very careful about giving out personal details over the internet. There are some dodgy people out there!

We’ve got a few threads that people use for friendly chat.
As a T1 you may find this one interesting, because members discuss their lives and their T1 and everything that goes with it.
https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/type-1stars-r-us.150597/page-1319

Telekon

Thank you Brunneria, thank you for introducing yourself- I will be careful you never know who is logging on to your info I’m just after friendly people who I can relate to.

Reactions: Brunneria

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello,

Welcome! I’m not from Portsmouth but I’m waving hello. Sending you hugs as well. I’m another fellow type 1 so you are not alone. Have you contacted your diabetes team at the hospital to ask for more help? Like libres or anything?

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hiya

I'm not from your area, I live in the good old Midlands.

Just thought I'd wave and say hi. I'm usually about daily if you want to have a chat over here. When you have posted a few then the forum allows you to private chat but the boards are good for keeping up with people.

If you try the 'what you doing now and humourous chat' thread you will find more people pick up and you can often have a good chat with others.

Look after yourself