billijay101

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi everyone!
I'm new to the forum so just thought I'd say hello.
I've been a diabetic for 4 years now although I'd say I had been diabetic for longer but drs wouldn't take me seriously.
I'm taking Metformin and Dapagliflozin, which I say is my magic pill. I'm also a sever asthma suffer so I'm not able to be as active as I'd like. This magic drug has not only brought down my blood sugars from 17.3 to around 7.6 I have also lost 13.5 stone in weight. Yes I had it to loose but before I went onto Dapagliflozin I wasn't loosing anything. The diabetic nurse says there several people on the same drug who also have lost some weight.
My sugars are good, my weight has dropped now all I need is a new wardrobe!!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
hello and welcome
well done in losing so much weight

Lulu64

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi everyone!
I'm new to the forum so just thought I'd say hello.
I've been a diabetic for 4 years now although I'd say I had been diabetic for longer but drs wouldn't take me seriously.
I'm taking Metformin and Dapagliflozin, which I say is my magic pill. I'm also a sever asthma suffer so I'm not able to be as active as I'd like. This magic drug has not only brought down my blood sugars from 17.3 to around 7.6 I have also lost 13.5 stone in weight. Yes I had it to loose but before I went onto Dapagliflozin I wasn't loosing anything. The diabetic nurse says there several people on the same drug who also have lost some weight.
My sugars are good, my weight has dropped now all I need is a new wardrobe!!

I have just been prescribed dapagliflozin by my consultant but am a bit worried about the side effects. I have been type 2 diabetic for 20 years on insulin for the past 8 years. My weight has ballooned and so has the amount of insulin I am injecting. Did you change your diet to lose the weight ?

this is too difficult

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
diabetes
Hi billjay, welcome to the forum. 13.5 stone weight loss?
That is incredible. My parents friends were called Bill and Jay.

billijay101

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
After doing a Google search, I realise what a sub diabetic is. To answer your question no I am not one to my knowledge any how. My sugars fluctuate between 5 and 9 on a good day. If however I have to take prednisone (steriods) for my asthma then I can expect them to be 15+

billijay101

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi lulu64 no my diet stayed the same. I did however find that I wasn't eating as much. I wasn't told anything about these tablets just that they would lower my blood sugars, boy have have done that! Due to the mountain of other drugs I cannot comment on the side effects I'm sorry to say. My only advice is try them if the side effects are too severe then speak to your consultant. Please let me know how you get on with them

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Hi Billijay and welcome to the forum. What a fantastic weight loss. You are an example to others to show it is possible.

billijay101

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you daisy1 . I didn't do anything different, no diet no exercise due to my asthma nothing. I guess once my diagnosis was made I did eat more healthier. I cut out all the chips not that I ate them much to begin with and all the sweet stuff I ate. So I guess that had a dramatic effect. Whatever caused it I am very pleased

Lulu64

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi lulu64 no my diet stayed the same. I did however find that I wasn't eating as much. I wasn't told anything about these tablets just that they would lower my blood sugars, boy have have done that! Due to the mountain of other drugs I cannot comment on the side effects I'm sorry to say. My only advice is try them if the side effects are too severe then speak to your consultant. Please let me know how you get on with them

Thank you I will. I have tried everything else victoza being the latest with no effect on my blood sugar levels or insulin intake so am hoping this is the one.