New Pre diabetic.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
FBG was an 8.3 for me today. My avg over the past 3 weeks has been 8.6. ........Recently diagnosed prediabetes, unmedicated........Thought I'd get a meter and check out what my blood sugars are doing.

Brilliant idea. You will soon see which foods to avoid to bring down your blood sugars. I made a swaps list after testing. Sharing for info.

Attachments

• 20200808_044427.jpg
    20200808_044427.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 115

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
FBG was an 8.3 for me today. My avg over the past 3 weeks has been 8.6. ........Recently diagnosed prediabetes, unmedicated........Thought I'd get a meter and check out what my blood sugars are doing.
Hello and Welcome - yes get yourself a meter and check before you eat something and 2 hours after first bite to see what foods are ok for you and what are not -great start!

SQ71

Brilliant idea. You will soon see which foods to avoid to bring down your blood sugars. I made a swaps list after testing. Sharing for info.
Thankyou that is very helpful :)

So far, I've cut potatoes, and have grilled pumpkin instead. I've also cut spaghetti and pasta and go for vegie replacements like meatballs on cabbage, or curry on cauliflower rice. Vogels (New Zealand) do an extra thin sliced bread that is wholegrain and under 100 calories for 2 slices.

Fasting blood sugar level today was 7.2.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thankyou that is very helpful :)

So far, I've cut potatoes, and have grilled pumpkin instead. I've also cut spaghetti and pasta and go for vegie replacements like meatballs on cabbage, or curry on cauliflower rice. Vogels (New Zealand) do an extra thin sliced bread that is wholegrain and under 100 calories for 2 slices.

Fasting blood sugar level today was 7.2.

Glad you found it helpful. With the testing and amending your diet accordingly you will crack it in no time. Your fbs already coming down.

Last edited:

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @SQ71 ,

Welcome to the forum. this topic has been created especially for you to discuss your recent diagnosis & to avoid derailing the FBG thread.

Kind regards,

Jaylee.