New T2, BG levels throughout the day

Eddie65

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Can't say
Hi All, forgive my lack of knowledge at this point! Still trying to understand this T2 diagnosis and not yet seen the DN (earliest appt 21st Oct). I have made my mind up not to test all the time once I get some routine going but, my morning level was 7.4, then 2 hours post breakfast it was 10.8. I have just taken another reading prior to my evening meal which was 7.8. These are all just numbers to me I'm afraid, I'm not trying to work out anything other what they mean in relation to my type 2 new diagnosis (7/10/21). I would be really grateful for any advice on levels and the significance at varying points in the day?
Thanks very much again, everyone has been so supportive :):)

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All, forgive my lack of knowledge at this point! Still trying to understand this T2 diagnosis and not yet seen the DN (earliest appt 21st Oct). I have made my mind up not to test all the time once I get some routine going but, my morning level was 7.4, then 2 hours post breakfast it was 10.8. I have just taken another reading prior to my evening meal which was 7.8. These are all just numbers to me I'm afraid, I'm not trying to work out anything other what they mean in relation to my type 2 new diagnosis (7/10/21). I would be really grateful for any advice on levels and the significance at varying points in the day?
Thanks very much again, everyone has been so supportive :):)
https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/basic-information-for-newly-diagnosed-diabetics.26870/ this link to an information page on here may be of some help to you.

Reactions: EllieM