new to all this

forth

Dislikes
sponge cake & taking blood samples
this a vital source of information for all diabetics i have been a diabetic for 33yrs my average driving mileage per year is about 44000 and little tip for all drivers, driving a car uses a lot of energy wether you are going to town or on the road like myself, and i know that we all keep sweets in the car and i would say to all drivers to try sucking a barley sugar when you are on a long drive as it keeps the blood sugars up, stop every so often and check the blood sugars then you will be able to drive without the fear of going hypo. i am a well controlled diabetic and in 33yrs i have only been hospitalized once and that was thirty two and a half years ago and that made me learn all about this way of life i only wish that this web site is given to all new and old diabetics alike, even for the first time using it i have learned something new

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Hi forth and welcome to the forum :D

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
A warm welcome to the forum, forth :) Have a good look around as there is so much info on here, as you are already discovering.

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
hya forth and a warm welcome :D

forth

Dislikes
sponge cake & taking blood samples
Thanks to all you good people who made me feel welcome, it is like discovering old friends with whom you lost contact and then rediscovered, having looked around the site there is so much so much info on every subject related to our way of life and how we can improve on it. So to all you people out there in diabetic world thanks for teaching new things to someone who thought he was quite well informed and discovered he wasn't