1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

new to byetta

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by tobyone, Apr 9, 2009.

1. Lizz

Lizz · Newbie

Hi, I know it is wrong to eat before taking the Byetta drug, but does anyone know how long the gap needs to be between eg having a piece of fruit or yoghurt or similar and then having the Byetta followed by a proper meal. I sometimes work late and don't have an evening meal until 9pm after having lunch at 1pm, thanks

2. Dennis

Dennis Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hi Lizz,

If you have had your fruit or yogurt (or any other snack) at least an hour before you inject for your meal then it shouldn't affect the Byetta. This is why it is recommended that if you take other meds (other than metformin) you should always have them an hour or more before your injection.

3. Jude

Jude Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Dennis

Do you know if I should be taking my Lantus for a while whilst starting Byetta? DN told me to half it first night (Tues) then quarter it next night so I also took some last night too. Apart from feeling absolutely terrible my numbers are going up - help please.

Jude

4. Dennis

Hi Jude,

I've answered your question on the "Anyone use Byetta" thread in the Diabetes Discussions forum.

5. Jude

Hi Dennis

Me again - decided to ring my DN - she has said it is up to me whether or not I come off the insulin totally or still take it for a while - I think I am going to take a lower dose over the next week or so at least until I am feeling a little better (am feeling terrible). DN did speak to the Diabetes DR last week and he said I could come straight off it. I know it is very early days (3rd to be exact!) I am just feeling so poorly and morning numbers are up again :(

Many thanks for all your support. Jude

6. tobyone

tobyone · Well-Known Member

Hi every body just thought I would update you all been on the 10 pen byetta cince sat 9th been up and down more down than up but been to see my DSN this morning and I am down to 135kgs from 145kgs and one more inch off the waste my HBA1C is 5.8 great my bp is 128 over 76 so I am over the moon and could run a mile or to but I think I wolud break my stick but all the same I feel great :D :D :D

7. Jude

Hi tobyone

Congratulations, well done! Am hoping I will be able to report the same in a few weeks!! :lol:

Jude

8. cugila

cugila · Master

Excellent progress tobyone. Stick with it.
    Ken.

9. Dennis

Well done tobyone, that's great news. :)

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook