new to byetta

Lizz

Hi, I know it is wrong to eat before taking the Byetta drug, but does anyone know how long the gap needs to be between eg having a piece of fruit or yoghurt or similar and then having the Byetta followed by a proper meal. I sometimes work late and don't have an evening meal until 9pm after having lunch at 1pm, thanks

Dennis

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
People who join web forums to be agressive and cause trouble
Hi Lizz,

If you have had your fruit or yogurt (or any other snack) at least an hour before you inject for your meal then it shouldn't affect the Byetta. This is why it is recommended that if you take other meds (other than metformin) you should always have them an hour or more before your injection.

Jude

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dennis

Do you know if I should be taking my Lantus for a while whilst starting Byetta? DN told me to half it first night (Tues) then quarter it next night so I also took some last night too. Apart from feeling absolutely terrible my numbers are going up - help please.

Jude

Dennis

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Dislikes
Hi Jude,

I've answered your question on the "Anyone use Byetta" thread in the Diabetes Discussions forum.

Jude

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Dennis

Me again - decided to ring my DN - she has said it is up to me whether or not I come off the insulin totally or still take it for a while - I think I am going to take a lower dose over the next week or so at least until I am feeling a little better (am feeling terrible). DN did speak to the Diabetes DR last week and he said I could come straight off it. I know it is very early days (3rd to be exact!) I am just feeling so poorly and morning numbers are up again :(

Many thanks for all your support. Jude

tobyone

Dislikes
bad wine telephone sales door to door sales people
Hi every body just thought I would update you all been on the 10 pen byetta cince sat 9th been up and down more down than up but been to see my DSN this morning and I am down to 135kgs from 145kgs and one more inch off the waste my HBA1C is 5.8 great my bp is 128 over 76 so I am over the moon and could run a mile or to but I think I wolud break my stick but all the same I feel great :D :D :D

Jude

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi tobyone

Congratulations, well done! Am hoping I will be able to report the same in a few weeks!! :lol:

Jude

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Excellent progress tobyone. Stick with it.
Ken.

Dennis

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Dislikes
Well done tobyone, that's great news. :)