New to diabetes

Carraxx

Heyy I'm new here and only have been diagnosed two months I was wondering if its normal to get really bad indigestion type pain and feel very nauseous after eating food. Also if your bloods were high and have now lowered could this be why I feel ill. My bloods used to be between 10 and 17 and recently have been between 7 and 9

Thank you

Rog

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Well done getting the BS down , this takes a while to settle , your definitely on the right track. The high fat low carb diet was the game changer for me .

Hertfordshiremum

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Heyy I'm new here and only have been diagnosed two months I was wondering if its normal to get really bad indigestion type pain and feel very nauseous after eating food. Also if your bloods were high and have now lowered could this be why I feel ill. My bloods used to be between 10 and 17 and recently have been between 7 and 9

Thank you
Hi What are you taking? I felt very sick most of the time for the year I was on metformin SR. As I am type 1 they agreed to take me off it, think I was only on it due to being misdiagnosed at the beginning anyway.

Hertfordshiremum

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm type 1 so take lantus and nova rapid insulin xx
I started on the same combination, perhaps mention the nausea to your nurse? I did have nausea the first year but thought it was the metformin as it disappeared when I stopped taking it, however this could have been coincidence

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
I'm type 1 so take lantus and nova rapid insulin xx

It's not something I'd associate with being newly diagnosed T1, though that doesn't mean much as I was diagnosed over 50 years ago. I would speak to your nurse or GP. It's easy to assume that all symptoms must be associated with diabetes but just because we are T1 it doesn't stop us getting non diabetic complaints.

And congrats on the blood sugar levels.

Carraxx

I started on the same combination, perhaps mention the nausea to your nurse? I did have nausea the first year but thought it was the metformin as it disappeared when I stopped taking it, however this could have been coincidence

Thank you so much I will give them a call today

Carraxx

It's not something I'd associate with being newly diagnosed T1, though that doesn't mean much as I was diagnosed over 50 years ago. I would speak to your nurse or GP. It's easy to assume that all symptoms must be associated with diabetes but just because we are T1 it doesn't stop us getting non diabetic complaints.

And congrats on the blood sugar levels.

Thank you I will call them today xx

Reactions: EllieM