New To Insulin!

Libby3781

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I had my first appointment with the endocrinologist on Wednesday. At the appointment it was decided that I would go straight onto insulin. I have been trying hard to manage my blood sugar, but to no avail. Myself & hubby also are trying to have a baby, so hence everything has to be under control beforehand.

Unfortunately, in my family there are 4 generations with diabetes. My nan type 1, on insulin from the start. Mum, newly put on insulin, myself metformin and now insulin, sister medication only currently.

I’ve been put on to “Levemir”, I’m finding after injecting it. I’m feeling light headed? Is that normal? I have an appointment next Thursday again with the endocrinologist I think just to review how I’ve got on.

I’m only on 10u, been advised to increase by 2u tomorrow depending on blood readings. Then increase again on Tuesday if necessary. Only have to do it once a day currently.

Any hints, tips help and advice welcome , thanks in advance

Reactions: claudetteholmes

claudetteholmes

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
rude people, turnips, current diabetic support
I had my first appointment with the endocrinologist on Wednesday. At the appointment it was decided that I would go straight onto insulin. I have been trying hard to manage my blood sugar, but to no avail. Myself & hubby also are trying to have a baby, so hence everything has to be under control beforehand.

Unfortunately, in my family there are 4 generations with diabetes. My nan type 1, on insulin from the start. Mum, newly put on insulin, myself metformin and now insulin, sister medication only currently.

I’ve been put on to “Levemir”, I’m finding after injecting it. I’m feeling light headed? Is that normal? I have an appointment next Thursday again with the endocrinologist I think just to review how I’ve got on.

I’m only on 10u, been advised to increase by 2u tomorrow depending on blood readings. Then increase again on Tuesday if necessary. Only have to do it once a day currently.

Any hints, tips help and advice welcome , thanks in advance
Hi my heart goes out to you min similar situation. ( Family history) I am now on Insulin since 13 th June. I inject my Levemir when I am in bed ready to go to sleep and yes I do feel slightly dizzy. It goes rather quickly but it gets better. I also started on 10 units I am now up to 28. Good luck