New To Metformin And Feeling Cold !

nomorechoccy

I took Metformin for the first time yesterday and have noticed I feel cold. I am not sure if this a side effect or due to a change in the weather. I did warm up when the sun came out in the afternoon but this could be the sun or the Metformin wearing off as I am on first week taking 1 tablet at breakfast time.

Any comments guys

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Hi @nomorechoccy have you a blood testing meter? If so what was your blood glucose level at your cold period?
Metformin doesn't on average cause hypos. In fact this tablet only reduces your levels in a small degree.
Metformin is an excellent appetite depressant and great for insulin resistance once taking the tablet longterm.
I enjoyed metformin's benefits for decades.
Only recently due to new diagnosed IBS I am struggling to continue with it since I now have a sensitive system. I'm very very upset about it too. I've readded 2st+ since stopping it.
Coldness is normally a circulatory symptom. Some get cold when they get a sugar low but because the heart is working harder to supply sugar to the brain my circulatory system is working harder but it can give heat a last need.
I'm only cold when I have a virus or when my thyroid isn't supported medically properly as I have an underactive thyroid.
Have you had your thyroid checked by a blood test with your gp?