1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

New to Methotrexate

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by Ronswanson, Oct 13, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Ronswanson

Ronswanson · Newbie

Hi all,

Just joined today as I need some help!. My daughter has been Type 1 Diabetic for a number of years and now has to take Methotrexate. Looking to find someone who has gone through this recently to see if they can give a view of experiences, things to look out for, insulin dosage etc.. Struggling to get a joined up and consistent view from the Diabetes and Gastro wings of the NHS trusts we are working with.

2. bulkbiker

bulkbiker Type 2 · Oracle

What's the methotrexate to treat?

3. h884

h884 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hi Ronswanson,

Sorry to hear about your daughter. I have been on Methotraxate for several years. For me it has not caused any issues for my diabetes.

I get my bloods checked very regularly as it can cause problems with the liver. This has been a problem for me and the dose has had to be adjusted regularly.

I hope you can get things sorted out soon and that your daughter gets on ok with methotrexate

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook