New to the forum diabetic type one

kbos2hm

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi guys and girls

I'm new to the forum so hello to everyone. A little bit about me and my insuline etc. I am on glargine once a day at 30 to 32 units not units like the hospital count it but 32 clicks on the pen. I have had a weird path probably the best words i can't stand nova rapid else i would be tasking that as well. I am currently at 29 clicks and bringing this down slowly my hb2c was at 126 very badly controlled but have started organic food a while back and eating a lot of veg now. Was at the diabetees hospital the other day and my hb2c was down to 80 so all good. This has been part of putting that right eating more healthy. I think i can bring this down to about 70 for may i can't speed it up as my body goes pretty crazy and get extreme anxiety. I have been trying a few herbs to help but had a pretty bad experience yesterday i had a bit cinamon with bitter lemon and turmeric my bloods dipped to 3.0 in a space of about 20 min and that was after tea no warnings either very sudden. I had 3 jellys 2 bits of cake and biscuits and could not get my sugars up i finally went and bought a bottle of lucazade after 2 hours i managed to get back to 9. A bit of a lesson learned trying to fix diabetes type one. It has to be slow and not concentrating on getting the sugars down and trying to fix yourself. I tryed again today with just bitter Mellon powder tiny bit and cinnamon and again my body went crazy. So i am going to go and buy bitter Mellon but not as a powder but as a fruit. I have the dietitian on monday so i'm hoping they can help with the right foods to eat and not eat.

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Welcome @kbos2hm :)

Sadly there is no cure for Type 1 but you can certainly improve your Hba1C over the next few months as you get control :)

The 'clicks' of the pen represent units (or occasionally half units).

Take a look at the Type 1 section here. There are quite a lot of us and we're all friendly :)

Reactions: kbos2hm

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
welcome kbos2hm :)
I´l tag @daisy so you´ll get the information everyone new gets here

I hope you´ll join and get a lot of helping new friends here... unfortunately there is no herbal cure for diabetes type 1, and by the way not really one for type 2 either... even not as we do wish for it most of us...

Reactions: kbos2hm

hemavenkateah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
We in india are advised to make bitter mellon, cinnamon, fenugreek seeds part of diet everyday. Better talk to a dietician before starting.