New to the forum, old timer T2.

Sam5232

Hi!! Newbie here to the forum. T2 diagnosed over 10yr ago, been on metformin till 3yr ago when it was changed to GLP-1 for 2yr then moved to insulin therapy since November 2020. The insulin dosent seem to be working too well as I have a really high insulin resistance. Carb counting and currently on different ratios for different meal times
Tresiba 50u a day
Novorapid 4:10/ 3:10/ 2.5:10 a day

No snacking, no more than 80g carb a day, current Hba1C 10.5%

I'm starting to look at possibilities of moving to a pump with CGM? I know I'm fed up of not being able to get my sugars below 12mmol

VashtiB

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello and welcome!

I haven't used a CGM but I think they sound great. I can't justify the cost as yet. I think having the continuous feedback would be great to help make changes.

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi!! Newbie here to the forum. T2 diagnosed over 10yr ago, been on metformin till 3yr ago when it was changed to GLP-1 for 2yr then moved to insulin therapy since November 2020. The insulin dosent seem to be working too well as I have a really high insulin resistance. Carb counting and currently on different ratios for different meal times
Tresiba 50u a day
Novorapid 4:10/ 3:10/ 2.5:10 a day

No snacking, no more than 80g carb a day, current Hba1C 10.5%

I'm starting to look at possibilities of moving to a pump with CGM? I know I'm fed up of not being able to get my sugars below 12mmol
Sorry to hear of your challenges. If you are in the UK pumps are not recommended in NICE guidelines for those who are type 2 so you are going to have a struggle to get one on the NHS, I don’t know about private funding but seems to be very expensive. have you spoken to your consultants about your levels, and have they give any advice at all?

also regarding your carb intake, some people find they need to go lower than your levels for it to work, what are your usual meals in a day? I find certain carbs impact much more than others so there might be some options there for tweaking

are you still on metformin alongside your insulin?