new to this

m_cooper

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
is it normal to have a throat like i just swallowed sand every morning?went for my first 3 month check with the nurse about a week ago,my 3 monthly bg was an average of 7 which she said was ok and i do not need meds yet.

Jay3109

Not sure that having a sore throat is normal unless (like me) your're coming down with a cold!! How long have you had it? Do you have any other symptoms? A BG of 7 is just a tad on the high side. Most of us 'old hands' like to keep it between 4 and 6. But that's not always easy and if you are a newbie, it can take time to get everything sorted (and some of us never do!!) Good luck and keep positive. Lots of good advice on here from much wiser heads than me...

m_cooper

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
it feels a bit like i have not had a drink for a week.a bit like being in a hot climate and gasping for a drink.when i was diagnosed my bg was 9;and the nurse was pleased it had come down in my first 3 months

wallycorker

m_cooper said:
when i was diagnosed my bg was 9;and the nurse was pleased it had come down in my first 3 months

Hi,

Getting it down and keeping it down is very important.

Keep working at it !

Best Wishes - John

C

catherinecherub

Hi cooper,
As jay says you may be coming down with some virus or cold.
Have you been prescribed any other medication. This may be a side effect. If it carries on and you cannot cope with it then please go back to your G.P.

Catherine.

Trinkwasser

Mother was breathing very badly today, so was a neighbour and reports around town are that many are suffering, almost certainly it's the rape pollen and tree pollen seasons coinciding. This may be one but not the only factor.