new type 1 and hungry

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Snodger
We are !! :lol:

Injected Insulin is a manufactured drug....... Those that want to reduce it will, others won't. I won't be changing my stance any time soon. :| I would never advise anybody to use more Insulin than they need to, nor eat more than they need to. It is all a balance after all.

Like the analogy about the leg........ :lol:

VFRMan

Type of diabetes
Type 1
The best advice I ever got about having diabetes is this:

Think of the condition as a 3 legged stool, insulin, carbohydrate and exercise and it is easier to sit on a stool with 3 legs than it is with only 2.

So for anyone who is new to our game, don't stress too early about the size of your dose, you have another 40+ years to get that right, but do first focus on carbs and insulin balance, with blood sugar readings as your measure of success. That balance becomes much easier when you throw in some exercise, but remember if you change one of the legs then the other 2 have to change also to maintain balance. Balance of course can be defined as a Blood sugar between 5 and 10 if you are good and between 4 and 15 if you are not. :)

But don't beat yourself up this is not easy and takes some practice :D

mhb1112

Hello

I'm new to the forum although been type 1 for 15 years, someone above mentioned DAFNE I've been doing DAFNE for approximately 4 years and I found I have better control now than I ever had before.
It enables me to eat what I like when I like, only downside although I don't see it as chore is that I can inject anything from 4 - 8 times a day all depends what I eat and where I am working due to the large area I cover for work and driving up to 40,000m a year. I found being diagnosed a diabetic hard in the beginning but it does get easier. What helped me in the beginning was I read a lot, visited websites related to treatment and diet and used the advice from my health-care advisers to help me understand diabetes. Good Luck :D