groovydaz45

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes!
Hi Folks,

Diagnosed a few weeks ago. I've cut down drastically on carbs and increased my daily activity from little or nothing to lots and lots of walking. I set myself the goal of walking 100 miles in April. As it stands right now I'm up to 76 miles so I've a bit of work to do in this last week!

I've been monitoring BG mmo/l whatever abbreviation.....and results are generally 4.5 to 5.9, but with as low as 3.6!
I've on Metaformin (2x 500mg a day slow release with evening meal). Should I be worried about consistant low readings or delighted?

I have to confess that I am STILL bewildered about what to buy from the supermarket but have cut down on carbs but still eating the odd small potato and small portions of brown rice. Am I on the right track?

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi and welcome. You are doing exactly the right things and the blood sugar proves the point! I would be delighted with those readings. Although 3.6 is getting into hypo territory, as you are only on Metformin it shouldn't go much if any lower and the liver tends to come to the rescue if you go too low. You may start to be aware of hypo symptoms (feeling spaced-out, sweaty etc) and perhaps have a bit of carb. Yes, supermarkets are full of junk so for us, only a small subset is 'good'. No problem in some potato or rice etc, just keep the daily total down to a level you set yourself.

Reactions: 2 people