NEW U.S ALL NATURAL SWEETNER

connor

I have just returned from visiting relations in Canada and was told about a product from the U.S. called 'ZSWEET', when in Montreal I went to a good health store and checked it out.
They had a sample canister in the shop and WOW it was spectacular, tastes like sugar, but with no aftertaste of an artificial sweetner, it is all NATURAL, made from an ingredient i'd not heard of before called
'ERYTHRITOL', which turns out to originate in fruits.

It is proven NOT to raise blood sugar levels, Zero Calorie and can be used in baking etc. just like real sugar.
I bought a couple of the bigger packs and have used in tea and coffee
with lovely results.
Now that I am back home I will try cooking with it in a few days time
and post my results, mind you I'm not the best cook in the world.

Dennis

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
People who join web forums to be agressive and cause trouble

connor

Hi Dennis, I hope to make [at least attempt] making some jam next
weekend with the sweetner [ZSWEET].
After looking at your link about it's ingredient 'Erythritol', I got on
to the U.S. website [www.zsweet.com ] and they say it bakes, browns plus has the same sweetness as regular sugar........all without raising blood sugar levels........hmmmmmmmm how difficult can this cooking LARK be eh ?????

ChocFish

LOL Sarah, you too then huh?

Have you tried making spam with it, hahahaha love it

All the best

Karen x

Challenges can be stumbling blocks or stepping stones, it depends how you view them

connor

Hi Sarah,
I have no connection with the product except I think it is GREAT and if I can find out how I can order some more [without me moving to the States or Canada] that's what I will Do.
By the way what site has my name on it ????????????

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
OK I've got to ask the question.When is it spam and when is it not spam? This section is for diabetic food products.This zsweet is a diabetic product.Surely that is what this section is about? I do my best to get rid of the blatant usually disgusting spam that pops up with monotonous regularity but some of the stuff some of you class as spam could be said to be products which might be of interest to diabetics,I thought that was what this section was all about?

Knowledge is the key to control

Lady J

Surely the food and diet or product reviews sections of the forum are for diabetics to share what they have been doing/eating/buying which might help others.

As has been ably and clearly pointed out above, this guy is SELLING. I will bet my bottom dollar that he is not diabetic himself and that he is trying to sell people on this forum - vulnerable, confused newbies - another "miracle".

You are extremely naiive...or you're just not thinking straight. Your arguments of "what's a spammer?" or "how do we not know it's genuine" are just ridiculous - it is clear ro anyone that this is a sales pitch and nothing else. As a moderator, surely it's better to be safe than sorry, rather than to leave people with a sour taste int their mouth after visitng because the site is riddled with this garbage.

What exactly in this guy's post makes you think he's for real and not a salesman?

Wake up!

LJ

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
I am awake LJ thank you!
We may as well not have a product section if everything not endorsed by a member is going to be deleted!I myself have tried some of the products which have been 'advertised' here.Does that make it OK? If I had not seen the advert I would not have tried the product.The members on this forum are not stupid,they can make up their own minds.There have been plenty of products which have been immediately debunked (alkaline water etc)We do our best as mods on this site to be fairly liberal to a degree.I suggest that if you want a more draconian forum that you apply to admin to become a mod.as well,then you can delete what does not pass your 'standards'.Given that there is not clear guidelines on this forum in the way of AUP or TOS then we,the mods,must use our own judgements which sometimes do not coincide with the other members.

Lady J

I just think that it should be clear: if someone is selling something (regardless if YOU personally think it works), it should be off the board.

It's the only way to be fair about it.

LJ

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
LJ I have emailed admin about this.Let's see what the answer is!!

What do other members think about this?

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by SarahQ</i>
<br />Have you tried making spam with it?
I have browsed a lot of web sites over the weeks and all I see is your name with this sweetner mentioned.
Sorry if I am wrong but it seems to much of a coincidence.

------------------------
Type 1 on insulin for 43 years,No complications
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

I think Sarah's view is clear!

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
I contacted admin.on this subject and he says to let it stand.His view is that if the product may be of some use to diabetics and that the seller is upfront,giving details of the product and not too persistent then it should be allowed.

Lady J

Sue/Admin

This person is NOT being upfront. He is posing as diabetic who has been helped by the product. I doubt whether this is the case.

I think that is underhand and does not conform with the view expressed of "if they're upfront, then that's fine".

Obviously your call, but let's be clear that this person has not been open/honest about the situation.

LJ

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
OK LJ but there is one thing,nowhere in Connor's posts does he say HE is a diabetic,He does mention that his mother has been recently diagnosed Type 2 however.