Newbee

covey63

Hi, I've just been diagnosed as T2 and recommended to look at this website by my doctor. I have read through some of the forum comments which has been much appreciated in relation to my condition and have gone through the 'shock' stage and now trying to manage diabetes. I keep a food diary and have dramatically changed my diet and lost weight, not that I needed to lose much weight in the 1st place. I had a blood test today to test my 90 day overall levels - so cannot tell you what my levels are from the 1st blood test I had but have a doctors appointment next week to see how I'm progressing. The one thing which is really getting to me is tiredness at work. I'm now becoming stressed when it reaches 13.30 as it feels like someone flicks a switch and I just want to sleep between 14.00 and 16.00 something I've never experienced before and this tiredness is horrible. Once 16.00 comes I'm fine again. I've tried having early and late lunches, experimenting with what I'm eating, cut out and put back carbs and eat a banana and yogurt around that time but to no avail. Because of being new to diabetes, my family [husband and 2 teenage boys] don't seem to understand the concept of this tiredness and why I feel tired from someone [me] whose always been a person on the go and was never tired, especially in the daytime. This is making it harder within my family and I'm finding it extremely stressful at the moment. I have tried talking to them about the tiredness but they don't understand the level of tiredness, my husband just says 'well I feel tired' especially when he has a stressful job and then when he gets in from work may have a snooze but its alright for him to do this. Any suggestions would be much appreciated as I'm getting to the end of my tether at the moment with all of this. Thank you

Brookevb27

Hello and welcome to the forum! I was diagnosed with T1 a little over a year ago, I know my blood sugar levels and how quickly they are changing can make me really tired. Also when I stress a lot my sugars spike and I get super tired. I'm not sure if this helped, but basically once your sugars stabilize you will feel much better!! Until then keep a positive attitude and keep working through it :)

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Bananas will make you zonk. Better snacks are cheese, full fat Greek yogurt. Are you still having 'ordinary' bread? Try Burgen for less carbs. I know that feeling of intense tiredness, I low carb, and if I have any carbs at lunch time I just want to sleep.
Have a look at your diet to see what you can adjust.