Newbie - little advice please

jane29

Hi there, just wanted to say "hello" first before I jump in with a few queries that I have.

For the past few months I have been having symptoms of increased urination, drinking more as i'm thirsty but not like some people on here who say they had an incredible thirst, my hands and feet feel a little tingly, mild irritation down below....sorry!! I notice if I have something sugary such as lucozade I will wee for britain about an hour after it (I have this to keep my energy levels up as I work long days and lucky if I get a break), if I eat certain foods I feel "dizzy" and likewise if I dont eat I get shaky and feel as though i'm "not with it" as if my brain is working really slow lol thats the only way I can describe it. So I thought I would buy a glucose meter but the results are always within 4-6 so that is normal. I had one fasting reading of 6.8 but I didnt get too worried about it. However these symptoms occur every month for about 2 weeks then they stop........I had my meter when I did not have my 2 week symptoms.....now ran out of strips.

Now I appreciate you cant say yes it sounds like diabetes or no its not, I just wanted to seeif anybody else had these symptoms on and off for a while until they were eventually diagnosed......perhaps years later.

Thanks again

xx

david8233

Dislikes
diabetics... injection lumps
Hi Jane. what you described sound like symptoms of having a to high blood sugar level. so lets go through each point and try and reach some answers :). First urination, of course the more you drink the more you wee but the thirst could be due to dehydration or having to much salt on something or numberous other things, as i said im normally more thirsty when i have a high sugar level, so have you tried testing yourself or doing some exercise (obviously well keeping hydrated). with the lucozade, that is basically drinking pure glucose and one of the ways the body deals with getting rid of to much in diabetics is to wee it out. I'm not to sure on the dizzyness with eating certain things but the shakyness and not being with it if you dont eat is classic hypo sign. i think you should maybe see a doctor because it does sound diabetic realated? but don't panic! i'm sure everything will be fine. I hope this has help?. David