Newbie /need help

HarryStyle

Hi everyone i am a newbie in this forum...
I am 39 yrs old , and diagnosed type 2 diabetes last October 2020, with Hba1c of 9 , went to the doctor last few days ago for my 3 months check up and my latest hba1c is 5.1 . Those first 3 months sinced i was diagnosed was really tough i feel weak, dizziness, went twice to the ER etc. i am not taking any medication now . But i have question i hope somebody can help me and enlightend my mind . Everytime after i eat i feel awful , and little bit dizzy ...even though im on low carb diet . I thought im going to feel better after having lower Hba1c (5.1 ) but i feel the same since i was diagnosed 3 months ago. I hope somebody can help /advice me on what to do , Please help

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Might be a settling in period given your body is adjusting

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
It took me some time and if you tackle it aggressively (each to their own on that) then it comes down to tolerance. I went at it very hard and it took about 4 or 5 months. Best of luck.

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am 39 yrs old , and diagnosed type 2 diabetes last October 2020, with Hba1c of 9 , went to the doctor last few days ago for my 3 months check up and my latest hba1c is 5.1 . Those first 3 months sinced i was diagnosed was really tough i feel weak, dizziness, went twice to the ER etc. i am not taking any medication now . But i have question i hope somebody can help me and enlightend my mind . Everytime after i eat i feel awful , and little bit dizzy ...even though im on low carb diet . I thought im going to feel better after having lower Hba1c (5.1 ) but i feel the same since i was diagnosed 3 months ago. I hope somebody can help /advice me on what to do , Please help
What are you eating exactly, (a rundown of a typical day's food and drink) and are you on medication for other conditions? Could be anything, from being low on electrolytes to low blood pressure etc. Electrolytes can be supplemented and you'd feel better fast if that's the problem. Not being nosy, just thorough.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Hi @HarryStyle,

Some very good suggestions above by @JoKalsbeek and @Mike d.

When I was reading your post, what immidiately came to min was that maybe this is low blood pressure. Do you have a blood pressure monitor? As you probably know -- low carbing does not only impact blood sugars, but also blood pressure. For me, feeling dizzy is also very often also associated with not eating enough.