Newbie to the forum

T.Persic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi! I am a 43 year old T2. I am married with 5 kids. I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes with my first pregnancy in 2002 and diagnosed as type 2 the following August at 165 pounds. I began insulin in 2014 and at my worst, I was 225 pounds and taking almost 200 units of insulin (both humalog and fiasp or the like) daily. For the past year, I have been working towards a keto/carnivore diet and exercising more. I have only lost about 10 lbs but am down to about 40 units of insulin daily. With the addition of Mounjaro 2 weeks ago, I have also cut out 2 of my 3 oral diabetic meds. My mom was diagnosed at age 35 and passed away from diabetic complications by the time she was 63. I'm fighting to live a longer, healthier life than my mom. This is the first time I've ever been part of any kind of support system for diabetes.

KennyA

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi T.Persic and welcome. You'll find a range of different experiences and opinions on this forum.

Don't be afraid iof asking questions.

Melgar

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi T.Persic and welcome. This is a great site. I have found people on here to be very welcoming. I have learned so much from members here. Don't be afraid to ask questions. The forums are full of great information about all things diabetic. :)

ajbod

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Welcome to the forum, this one of probably the only sites worldwide, where asking a question DOESN'T result in member complaints, they've nearly all been asked before, but each and every one is treated with respect. So never be afraid to ask, the only way to learn is for others who've been there and done that to help you along your way.

• Agree
Reactions: Melgar and Outlier