Newbie. Type2.

carl_watkiss

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi new to the site just a few questions been a type 2 for years now not well managed on metformin and insulin 3 injections a day 56 46 and units but last week also could drink a well dry ? also wit are keystones seen people talk a about on here no clue wet they are.

Reactions: 2 people

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello. I hope someone can answer your question about ketones. :)

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi and welcome. What is your BMI and what sort of diet are you having? If you are on two different insulins, then you need to carb count i.e. adjust the rapid insulin to match the carbs you eat. Do tell us a bit more about the insulin, diet and BMI so we can try to help. Ketones are created by the body if there isn't enough insulin to convert carbs to glucose so the body starts buring fat to get energy; the result is ketones which is called ketosis. This is OK if your blood sugar is near normal. Ketones and high blood sugar is dangerous and called ketoacidisis (DKA).

Reactions: 2 people

carl_watkiss

Type of diabetes
Type 2
insulin is humilin m3 and metformin 3+850 tabs last HBA1c was 71 bmi 49ish 10+years with type 1
and 2 age 54try and try and walk a lot but due to my heart condition not very far .diet I try watch wot I eat toast 3 in the morning a bit of fruit mid day that's if I remember to have something my eveing meal thast I had curry chicken rice small amounts todrink about 6cups of coffee

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Welcome to the forum!