Newbie :)

vickyb839

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi everyone very new to this never even knew there was a app like this before. I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes when I was 5 months old and I just turned 18 last Thursday :) lol I just want to ask when doing injections no matter how many times I rotate move around and all my sights are still very sore they bruise and at night after my night time injection there can sometimes be a few lumps it is making feel very self conscious and I just wanted to know if anyone else had the same problem or is there something I can do to fix this ?? Thank you xx

Kirstyyyy4

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm 15 and I'm just new to this too!..the same thing happens to me, my arms bruise very easily ( I take my daytime injections on my arms and my nighttime on my legs) I take 27 units of lantus each night and it always leaves a small lump after and is very stingy!..sometimes putting something cold like ice on it helps x

Nicola M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
It could be the size of the needles that you are using, if not already I would ask your DSN about 4mm needles as they can help to lessen bruising. I used to use 4mm and rarely ever bruised.

vickyb839

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi ya kirsty :) I might try that as I've no ideas left lol and hi Nicola I do have the 4mm needles that why I got confused on what I was doing ?

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hiya I also use 4mm and do bruise from time to time but only when I hit a blood vessel, otherwise these needles are just fine, try other areas too, I inject basal in my bum and quick acting in my tum and rotate sites. If you still get lumps with changing sites then ask your nurse or consultant about changing insulin as it may be a reaction.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

Try using a slower steadier action when delivering the dose.? As opposed to "click on it now"..

Rob45

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

Try using a slower steadier action when delivering the dose.? As opposed to "click on it now"..
Hi I am also new to the site.I became diabetic in 2012 when I had my pancreas removed.I was the same with bruising and small lumps I used 8mm needles until recently when i was changed onto 4mm needles and that seems to have done the trick. I find injecting in the stomach the best

Ross 33

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Vicky welcome also New to the site and been diagnosed type 1 for a month