1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Newcastle Diet - Day 1

Discussion in 'Low Calorie Diets' started by Tabbyjoolz, Jan 1, 2018.

1. Tabbyjoolz

Tabbyjoolz Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Weight: 87.7kg FBG 7.3

Well, here I am on Day 1 of the Newcastle Diet. even though I have kept good control of my diabetes through a LCHF diet and exercise since diagnosis in August 2016, my insatiable curiosity has driven me to try something very extreme which is against my nature.

Admittedly, a combination of a holiday in Portugal in mid-November and Christmas overindulging has ensured that my LCHF diet has gone a little off the rails, so I’m hoping I can reestablish some control over my eating. Once my eight-week stint is up I shall gradually return to LCHF. My aim is to shed weight and regain normal blood glucose although I’m realistic that this would never be a “reversal”, only “remission”, and that I’ll never be able to go back to the “old” ways of eating pre-diagnosis.

Hungry? A little. I’ve had water, one cup of black tea, two cups of black coffee and a Superdrug shake with soya milk (not bad!) and there is a pot of cabbage and kombu soup simmering on the stove for my lunches at work for the next couple of days.

If, at any time, I feel too ill, or too hungry, I am prepared to throw in the towel, but I’m prepared to give it my best shot. I may not post on here day by day, but will aim for an update at least once a week.

So, here goes...

• Like Like x 5
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  2. Bluetit1802

Bluetit1802 Type 2 (in remission!) · Guru

Good luck!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. AlcalaBob

AlcalaBob Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Good luck.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Salvia

Salvia Prediabetes · Well-Known Member

Good on you for trying it; you know we'll all be rooting for you. Very best of luck !

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Boo1979

Boo1979 Other · Well-Known Member

Good on you

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Duffysmum

Duffysmum Family member · Member

Best of luck - we (OH and me) are just going into week 2 - it isn't easy, but already have seen reductions in blood glucose readings and have lost some weight - although we both have a lot to lose LOL!

You obviously know what you are doing, good luck and look forward to your postings!

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  7. AdamJames

AdamJames Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Good luck, I'll be watching with interest!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. pt_crompton

pt_crompton Type 2 · Newbie

I too started it yesterday. I have survived 1 day.

• Like Like x 2
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook