Tabbyjoolz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty, bigotry
Weight: 87.7kg FBG 7.3

Well, here I am on Day 1 of the Newcastle Diet. even though I have kept good control of my diabetes through a LCHF diet and exercise since diagnosis in August 2016, my insatiable curiosity has driven me to try something very extreme which is against my nature.

Admittedly, a combination of a holiday in Portugal in mid-November and Christmas overindulging has ensured that my LCHF diet has gone a little off the rails, so I’m hoping I can reestablish some control over my eating. Once my eight-week stint is up I shall gradually return to LCHF. My aim is to shed weight and regain normal blood glucose although I’m realistic that this would never be a “reversal”, only “remission”, and that I’ll never be able to go back to the “old” ways of eating pre-diagnosis.

Hungry? A little. I’ve had water, one cup of black tea, two cups of black coffee and a Superdrug shake with soya milk (not bad!) and there is a pot of cabbage and kombu soup simmering on the stove for my lunches at work for the next couple of days.

If, at any time, I feel too ill, or too hungry, I am prepared to throw in the towel, but I’m prepared to give it my best shot. I may not post on here day by day, but will aim for an update at least once a week.

So, here goes...

Salvia

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good on you for trying it; you know we'll all be rooting for you. Very best of luck !

Duffysmum

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Best of luck - we (OH and me) are just going into week 2 - it isn't easy, but already have seen reductions in blood glucose readings and have lost some weight - although we both have a lot to lose LOL!

You obviously know what you are doing, good luck and look forward to your postings!

AdamJames

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Weight: 87.7kg FBG 7.3

Well, here I am on Day 1 of the Newcastle Diet. even though I have kept good control of my diabetes through a LCHF diet and exercise since diagnosis in August 2016, my insatiable curiosity has driven me to try something very extreme which is against my nature.

Admittedly, a combination of a holiday in Portugal in mid-November and Christmas overindulging has ensured that my LCHF diet has gone a little off the rails, so I’m hoping I can reestablish some control over my eating. Once my eight-week stint is up I shall gradually return to LCHF. My aim is to shed weight and regain normal blood glucose although I’m realistic that this would never be a “reversal”, only “remission”, and that I’ll never be able to go back to the “old” ways of eating pre-diagnosis.

Hungry? A little. I’ve had water, one cup of black tea, two cups of black coffee and a Superdrug shake with soya milk (not bad!) and there is a pot of cabbage and kombu soup simmering on the stove for my lunches at work for the next couple of days.

If, at any time, I feel too ill, or too hungry, I am prepared to throw in the towel, but I’m prepared to give it my best shot. I may not post on here day by day, but will aim for an update at least once a week.

So, here goes...

Good luck, I'll be watching with interest!