Newcastle diet journey

Biffa1965

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Folks I am currently in week one of the ND please find a recipe the Mrs prepared for me today

The Mrs has today made me a fab soup for this Diet. Its a tomato and pepper soup comprising of the following

2 x 400 tins of chopped tomatoes
1 x small onion
1 x veggie stock cube
250g of frozen mixed peppers

Quickly fry onion in tiny amount of oil, add tins of tomatoes, mix stock cube with boiling water and add to the mix. Add your peppers and salt and pepper and any other flavourings to taste ( my Mrs added fajita mix) brig to boil then simmer. After approx. 20 mins, then blend. add more water for thinner consistency if required.

260 cals per total pan. I am only using half, as she's using the other half as a tomato base for the little fellas meatballs

Folks it was lush !!!

Reactions: 2 people

moonchip

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Folks I am currently in week one of the ND please find a recipe the Mrs prepared for me today

The Mrs has today made me a fab soup for this Diet. Its a tomato and pepper soup comprising of the following

2 x 400 tins of chopped tomatoes
1 x small onion
1 x veggie stock cube
250g of frozen mixed peppers

Quickly fry onion in tiny amount of oil, add tins of tomatoes, mix stock cube with boiling water and add to the mix. Add your peppers and salt and pepper and any other flavourings to taste ( my Mrs added fajita mix) brig to boil then simmer. After approx. 20 mins, then blend. add more water for thinner consistency if required.

260 cals per total pan. I am only using half, as she's using the other half as a tomato base for the little fellas meatballs

Folks it was lush !!!

Just a suggestion, but keep an eye on the carb content of the chopped tomatoes - as others have said ignore the bit where is says " total carbs xxx of which sugars xxx"

Carbs are carbs are sugars for a T2, pure and simple, and chpped tomatoes can be as hight as 20% carbs (and almost idential 'of which sugars')

When I buy chopped toms, I generally find that the cheapest, ie Whatever-Brand Smart Price have the lowest levels of both carbs & sugars

For your onions, try to ensure that they're not caramalised, obviously

And if you get the chance to use fresh peppers, green ones have less sugar content than red ones and both are lower than yellow ones

Yes..... I know ..... I'm turning into a boring fart :D:D