Newcastle Diet results so far

bluejeans98

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
While this may help you lose weight it is not good for your teeth or your system. Continue with it and you will find that damage will be done that cannot be repaired. The act of chewing helps to strengthen your teeth and gums and you need solid food in your digestive track. If you look at anyone who has had a stomach reduction they will have hair lose as well as other issues with the body. Do a LCHF or the 5-2 diet but shakes are NOT that answer.

Flashtash2014

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I eat more than the recommended 200 grams of veg on the evening I am also closely monitored by my GP and DN. I chew gum all the time as this helps curb the hunger pains drink plenty of water and take my multivitamins and high strength cod liver oil. It's not about loosing weight I was 76kgs before this it's about shocking the system gradually into kick starting itself. By the way my medication had halved in 3 weeks and my blood pressure is consistently mormal. My BS levels have steadied and have not peaked over 6 at any point.

Reactions: 2 people

Disky

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Can I ask what shakes your using ?

I just watching what I'm doing and can get away with 800-1300 calories a day,, I know calories don't really matter now but I quite fancy giving the Newcastle a go

Flashtash2014

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Hi Disky I won't lie to you it's hard work specially in the later weeks tomorrow will be 30 days into it got another 30 plus left to go. The shakes I used are called shake the weight they are good cheap and less than the 200 cals per sachet.

Hope that helps :)

Flashtash2014

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
So now have lost 12kgs down to 68kgs in 4 weeks halfway through now off the Gliclazide BG now barely getting over 5. Energy levels are good now another 30 days to go so all in all very satisfied with the results so far.....:)

Reactions: 7 people

Flashtash2014

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Had the best call ever today my DN has decided to take me off my medication all together as by BG are low will be going for a set of blood tests and an ultrasound in 3 months time to see the changes that have occurred over the last 2 months. Not suggesting I'm cured but on that long road to remission I hope so fingers crossed :)

Reactions: 10 people

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Had the best call ever today my DN has decided to take me off my medication all together as by BG are low will be going for a set of blood tests and an ultrasound in 3 months time to see the changes that have occurred over the last 2 months. Not suggesting I'm cured but on that long road to remission I hope so fingers crossed :)
So happy for you flashtash2014, well done ::))

Flashtash2014

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
So after completing the Newcastle Diet to a tee the last 2 days of normal food has been the best. Have gone straight into it and ate some hefty carbs 130 grams + with a little exercise and my BG levels have remained in the normal or below range I am so pleased I'm thinking that this diet has really worked or working for me. Been taking readings an hour after and 2 hours after eating and still within normal range I really do believe there is something to this diet. More people have the motivation to do it so do it it could no will help you to save your lives :)

Reactions: 13 people

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
So after completing the Newcastle Diet to a tee the last 2 days of normal food has been the best. Have gone straight into it and ate some hefty carbs 130 grams + with a little exercise and my BG levels have remained in the normal or below range I am so pleased I'm thinking that this diet has really worked or working for me. Been taking readings an hour after and 2 hours after eating and still within normal range I really do believe there is something to this diet. More people have the motivation to do it so do it it could no will help you to save your lives :)
You are an inspiration happy happy,well done ::))

Flashtash2014

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
You are an inspiration happy happy,well done ::))
Thanks Clive but I have also decided that for the rest of my life I will do this diet for 28 days straight just to keep on top of things the diabetes I think was a blessing in disguise an early warning in order for me to make some big changes in my life or to face a premature death. Am writing this fighting back the tears of joy or relief I'm not quite sure? But all I know if that it does work but only if you want it good luck to everyone on their own road to recovery with this much love :)

Reactions: 6 people

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Thanks Clive but I have also decided that for the rest of my life I will do this diet for 28 days straight just to keep on top of things the diabetes I think was a blessing in disguise an early warning in order for me to make some big changes in my life or to face a premature death. Am writing this fighting back the tears of joy or relief I'm not quite sure? But all I know if that it does work but only if you want it good luck to everyone on their own road to recovery with this much love :)
Thanks ft keep your powder dry and good luck.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Brilliant, absolutely brilliant! Well done.

You are right, for some of us, it is the solution. I took a gamble at it and here I am 3 and a half years later still with non-diabetic BG levels, despite having regained some of the weight, having had lapses in concentration and been greedy.

Very pleased you have joined the ND success group. After all, what is 8 weeks of VLCD food 'deprivation' compared to the 'inconvenience' of lifelong lifelimiting T2 diabetes?

Flashtash2014

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
You are absolutely right Pipp a small price to pay for so much to gain

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You are absolutely right Pipp a small price to pay for so much to gain

Oh and perhaps I should join you on an annual treat to my pancreas and stick to a rigid 28 dayNewcastle fasting diet. It makes sense. Just have to decide best month for it.

Flashtash2014

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Oh and perhaps I should join you on an annual treat to my pancreas and stick to a rigid 28 dayNewcastle fasting diet. It makes sense. Just have to decide best month for it.
February it's the shortest month and it's a nice round figure 28 :)

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That would do it. I could forget about it for the next 11 months too.

mehhh2015

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Hi, I am happy to read about your bloods not changing after the few days of eating "normally".

Could you be more specific about your +1 hour, +2hours and +3hours? BG readings?

I am interested in seeing the changes that happened between before going on the diet and after completing "reversal". If you have any data that you could share with me that would be great.