Newcastle Diet - updated methodology?

jcbman

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks! I knew I'd seen this site somewhere (couldn't forget that snappy logo) but I couldn't find it yesterday. Will take a look at that :)

I'm a little skeptical of the results too I have to say, though clearly it works very well for some people. I think really what it comes down to is how you define "works" - I know that Prof Taylor's criterion for success is an HbA1C at non-diabetic levels for a long period of time, but for those of us who (a) have already achieved that and (b) don't see the HbA1C as the be-all-and-end-all of tracking success in managing T2D that's cold comfort.

For me, my concern with this:

is that you could still be spiking uncontrollably after that. You can get a good average result but still be out of non-diabetic range for a good chunk of time. @jcbman , do you still test and if so, what kind of results do you get after eating something like that?

End of the day, however, the ND seems like a win-win: even if I don't make any great strides in insulin sensitivity or further reversal I can reasonably expect to lose some more weight (and I have more to lose), further reduce my BG numbers, and improve my next test results. It might not be all it's sometimes alleged to be, but it can't hurt!

I didn't no, not specifically any more.
I have in the past though.
I guess I don't chase the numbers, I was happy to go with (there is a link somewhere on here) normal numbers.
Under 8 or 7 or something like that.
When I kept hitting them, I slowed it down.
So long as they were good, I'm happy if my fasting is ok, (was 4.8 yesterday), thought I'd test, after posting on here, and my Hba1c is ok (5.3)