Newcastle has worked for me

Tannith

BANNED
I did a lenient version of ND (about 900 to 1000 cals per day) necessarily for a long time as more cals makes it take longer. I lost only 11% of my weight. But today my hbac results are in - 40. FBG 5.3, down from 6.5 to 6.8. I consider myself reversed. Especially as for the last month because of a tummy problem I have actually been temporarily eating a high carb but low cal diet. Doc says he will repeat hbac annually.

Reactions: kokhongw and jcbman

jcbman

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It's a great feeling isn't it.
Back to normal.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well done! Hope you’re feeling better from your tummy problem now.

eggs11

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
AMAZING - congratulations and well done! I am doing a similar, generally 1000 calories a day, version myself, so great to hear it worked for you. May I ask what your starting hba1c was?
Edited to add - my version is more based on the blood sugar diet, no meal replacements etc

Reactions: ickihun

Tannith

BANNED
AMAZING - congratulations and well done! I am doing a similar, generally 1000 calories a day, version myself, so great to hear it worked for you. May I ask what your starting hba1c was?
Edited to add - my version is more based on the blood sugar diet, no meal replacements etc
I only know my starting FBGs as that's all that got tested at the time. But they were mostly 6.5, sometimes 6.8. I did real food only, no shakes. I was too chicken to do the 800 cals, I didn't think I would keep it up. I knew it would take longer on more cals. I wish you the very best of luck.

Reactions: eggs11

eggs11

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I only know my starting FBGs as that's all that got tested at the time. But they were mostly 6.5, sometimes 6.8. I did real food only, no shakes. I was too chicken to do the 800 cals, I didn't think I would keep it up. I knew it would take longer on more cals. I wish you the very best of luck.
Thanks and well done again, you must be so chuffed. I quickly found 800 calories felt a bit low considering I walk for roughly an hour a day, 1000 seems to be very sustainable.

Reactions: ickihun

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I wish I had the energy to do. I don't mid admitting I need help to do my low calorie kick start. I've finished tier3 on bariatric op route so hoping just a few months from surgery now.
Research is proving remission in some up to guaranteed 7yrs so far.... Maintenance is the hardest part with op too.
Enjoy your maintenance and keep interested by being inventive.

Tannith

BANNED
i think I shall try to lose just a few more lbs in case I am onlly just on my personal fat thereshold. This would give me a buffer for things like illness or hospitalisation where I lost control of my diet and had to eat what others gave me. After that I think I shall go on the DASH diet as I have high blood pressure. Does anyone know how to reduce high blood pressure?

Tannith

BANNED
I wish I had the energy to do. I don't mid admitting I need help to do my low calorie kick start. I've finished tier3 on bariatric op route so hoping just a few months from surgery now.
Research is proving remission in some up to guaranteed 7yrs so far.... Maintenance is the hardest part with op too.
Enjoy your maintenance and keep interested by being inventive.
Yous say research is proving remission up to 7 years so far. Can you give me a link or tell me more about that please?

jcbman

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yous say research is proving remission up to 7 years so far. Can you give me a link or tell me more about that please?

I can do you about four years or so of reversed type 2.