Newish Type 2

Rekords

Firstly my sincere thanks to all who welcomed me in yesterday's post and thank you for the invaluable information you provided. I am very grateful, however I could not reply to each of you due to getting the following message; Your content can not be submitted. This is likely because your content is spam-like or contains inappropriate elements. Please change your content or try again later. If you still have problems, please contact an administrator.
All I was doing was to say thank you. this is probably my fault in that I don't have the required posts to reply properly maybe.
So please accept my thanks in advance if any can help with the following.
Yesterday's figures;
5.4 at 05.00a.m Fasting
4.9 at 13.10p.m. two hours after breakfast.
4.3 at 15.40p.m. two hours after lunch,
3.9 at 18.35 after doing some weights one hour before and then began to feel a bit wobbly on my feet.
4.8 at 20.30 one hour after dinner eating a ton of liver and some veg.
4.8 at 21.30 two hours after above dinner.
This morning my fasting sugar was 5.0 at 6.30a.m. and felt very well. The time shortly before my low reading of 3.9 I didn't feel entirely wonderful and put this down to not eating enough before excercise?
As I have seen so many times on this forum there is a lot of learning to be done and I thank you all for the information that I feel sure is getting me on the right path without taking the prescribed Metformin,

Last edited:
Reactions: Redshank

Arab Horse

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Wow, I would be over the moon if I had those figures. Not sure what you are doing but it certainly works for you. Well done.

Arab Horse

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have some straight Egyptian Arabian horses, The horse on the left is a home bred stallion. He is by the famous Crusader. If she looks up Arabian horses and types him in she will find loads of stuff on the internet.

Crusader was reserve world champion twice in the show ring and has also won under saddle and on the race track. One of these days I am going to have to give up the horses but so far I manage; age creeps on!!!

Reactions: Rekords

Norfolkmell

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Tattoos, carers calling me lovey or duckie when I've only just met them
I'd love to be having those types of figures everyday. As I understand it exercise can affect BG, not that I'm able to do much. Mine go between 4 and 7 during the day but as soon as I've done too much or have an infection they will either rocket or plummet down to 1 or 2. You are doing really well in such a short time, congratulations.

Rekords

I'd love to be having those types of figures everyday. As I understand it exercise can affect BG, not that I'm able to do much. Mine go between 4 and 7 during the day but as soon as I've done too much or have an infection they will either rocket or plummet down to 1 or 2. You are doing really well in such a short time, congratulations.
Thank you for the kind words. I'm beginning to think that a life time of having an enormous affection for anything sweet such as ice cream, chocolates, biscuits, cake and beer have contributed to my diagnosis of diabetes, having cut out all those things I love and using the low carb, high fat recommendations on this forum seem to be having a dramatic effect on me. Thanks one and all.

Norfolkmell

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Thank you for the kind words. I'm beginning to think that a life time of having an enormous affection for anything sweet such as ice cream, chocolates, biscuits, cake and beer have contributed to my diagnosis of diabetes, having cut out all those things I love and using the low carb, high fat recommendations on this forum seem to be having a dramatic effect on me. Thanks one and all.
Have you discovered diet doctor yet? Loads of low carb recipes and menu plans. I'm about to try the chocolate fudge recipe, 2 g carb a piece makes 24 just enough for our advent calendar. I'm going to wrap each piece in foil and freeze them then pop one in the calendars just before our opening ceremony each night. It's beginning to look like Christmas ⛄⛄⛄

Rekords

Have you discovered diet doctor yet? Loads of low carb recipes and menu plans. I'm about to try the chocolate fudge recipe, 2 g carb a piece makes 24 just enough for our advent calendar. I'm going to wrap each piece in foil and freeze them then pop one in the calendars just before our opening ceremony each night. It's beginning to look like Christmas ⛄⛄⛄
I must have a look and thank you for the heads up.

Norfolkmell

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Have made fudge, it's delicious and just hits the spot when you just need something, and can be eaten straight from the freezer, if it makes it into the freezer in the first place

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
You might love all those things - but they do not love you back.....