Newish Type1(?) and now other problems

Colin Crowhurst

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Saw a post on another part of the forum about a Type 1 asking about complications with having a Heart Attack and medications for it; that was supposed to be moved here by a mod but I can't see it!

My situation DX Dec 2018 with HbA1C of 121 and BG readinging up to 27 ; rapidly sorted and now fairly stable with latest A1c of 40 ; recent consulatant visit is now querying type 1 DX "as there are no antibodies showing" (would that mean Type 2 or LADA??) 9 days later felt very rough at work , sugars high (11.1) Ambulance called, A&E tested and DX'd with A heart attack ; various tests done including another Cholesterol at 7.3% (consulatant said was 6.0 and he was suggesting statins) Hospital adamant I needed statins 24hrs later heart checked blockage cleared stent fitted and statins and other drugs prescribed.

Feel good now and sticking to things as they are at the moment but have others got experiences ? Gradual weight loss underway but not Obese so happy to take it slowly; GP appointment later in week any other ideas and thoughts appreciated but Diabetes is definitely under control!

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
LADA is Type 1, it's just a slower developing type 1. If you don't have the antibodies, usually you are not a type 1. There are a few people that don't have the antibodies but they produce no insulin so they are still considered a type 1.

Type 1's always eventually need insulin.