newly diagnosed T1D

Mimoza K

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello everyone, I hope for your help because T1D is new in our family and we have a lot of things to learn, I am a mother of 6year old girl, 2months before diagnosed T1D (hba1c=10)1 day after the diagnosis and the start of treatment in the hospital the results of her analyzes for c peptide and insulin were: (c peptide)= 0.150 ng/ml and insulin 0.200 uU/ml, while exactly 2 weeks after diagnosis after fasting the results were: c peptide= 0.7 ng/ml and insulin 3.28 uIU /ml and almost 5 weeks after the diagnosis, the non-fasting results are: c peptide = 2.04 ng/ml and insulin 12.43uIU/ml. I want to know if this improvement in the values of c peptide and insulin belongs to that period which, as far as I have read, is known as the honeymoon, I also want to ask you if it happened to any of you that you could not use insulin because today I gave her 1 unit of Rapid insulin and after that the values dropped below 3mmol/L (54mg/dl ) 2 times within 3 hours while she was in school?

• Hug
Reactions: Prancy and JAT1

JAT1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Welcome to the forums. There are many helpful people here and I hope you get this sorted out soon. Did she eat after the rapid insulin? Was she more active than usual?

Prancy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hello everyone, I hope for your help because T1D is new in our family and we have a lot of things to learn, I am a mother of 6year old girl, 2months before diagnosed T1D (hba1c=10)1 day after the diagnosis and the start of treatment in the hospital the results of her analyzes for c peptide and insulin were: (c peptide)= 0.150 ng/ml and insulin 0.200 uU/ml, while exactly 2 weeks after diagnosis after fasting the results were: c peptide= 0.7 ng/ml and insulin 3.28 uIU /ml and almost 5 weeks after the diagnosis, the non-fasting results are: c peptide = 2.04 ng/ml and insulin 12.43uIU/ml. I want to know if this improvement in the values of c peptide and insulin belongs to that period which, as far as I have read, is known as the honeymoon, I also want to ask you if it happened to any of you that you could not use insulin because today I gave her 1 unit of Rapid insulin and after that the values dropped below 3mmol/L (54mg/dl ) 2 times within 3 hours while she was in school?
I wish I knew about your issues. I’m also interested in how c-peptide values reflect on a person’s diagnosis. I hope others will chime in.

Reactions: Mimoza K

Mimoza K

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Welcome to the forums. There are many helpful people here and I hope you get this sorted out soon. Did she eat after the rapid insulin? Was she more active than usual?
Thank you. In fact to be sure for the amount of food that she eat, I almost always give rapid insulin after meals, since the diagnosis we have made her more active, I often take her out for a walk, but not much.

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
forum bugs
Hi @Mimoza K have you had a chance to ask her medical te about her cpeptide levels and her hypos? Though some adults do come off insulin during their honeymoon period I have no idea whether this occurs in young children and your medical team should be able to advise you.

Good luck.